Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I seriously fed up! Despite all efforts my lap top keeps freezing when working on any application (Ms Office principally) and needs to be hard booted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TonyHutchinson1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 keeps freezing

I seriously fed up!

Despite all efforts my lap top keeps freezing when working on any application (Ms Office principally) and needs to be hard booted to restart.

This has included a couple of hours on a support line as well as trawling a e number of on line ideas.

Working on a paper for a professional deadline this AM it crashed again and I am seriously annoyed.

:)

TonyHutchinson1, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Feb 11, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 keeps freezing

Windows keeps freezing up

Hi Brian,

If your computer is freezing, it could due to the operating system being outdated, or that some applications in your system is causing it to freeze, etc. For us to isolate the issue about Windows 10 freezing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When does Windows 10 hangs/freezes? Is it after logging in to Windows? Or is it when you are using an application?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your computer?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows? If yes, which version of Windows was previously installed on your computer?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your computer. If there are, kindly install them and restart your computer. After restarting, check if Windows 10 still freezes. Here's how
    to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , then select Check for updates.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps freezing

1. Windows 10 keeps freezing - Similar Threads - keeps freezing

2. File Explorer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer keeps freezing: When I open the File Explorer, I can see my folders and files. However a few minutes later File Explorer freezes. So I have to close the File Explorer then start it again...
  3. Mouse and Keepboard keep freezing Spring 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keepboard keep freezing Spring 2019: I have a Dell Mobile Precision. Top line computer, no problems and excellent performance. Except my Mouse & Keyboard freeze once or twice a day since about late February. It's Dell laptop for keyboard and I use a Razer Death Adder mouse. That combo hasn't changed in a year...
  4. Screen consistently keeps freezing for a second or two, but I can still move my cursor

Screen consistently keeps freezing for a second or two, but I can still move my cursor: So what'll happen is I'm typing something in Google search, and the screen will like freeze for a sec, and then all my typed letters will appear in fast forward, like, all the lost frames play back in fast forward, it even happened while typing this, I can still move my...
  5. My laptop keeps freezing all the time

My laptop keeps freezing all the time: So I have this problem for few months already, it just randomly freezes, when I am on Chrome (or any other program, games or something like that) and get back to the Desktop i can´t click anything, I need to start my task manager and then I can click again. Does someone have...
  6. Windows 10 keep freezing

Windows 10 keep freezing: I got my PC to start up but met with a freeze on my desktop. Unable to do anything I restarted it and tried a system restore and pc reset but to no avail. This time round it froze at log in. What's wrong with my PC? I could get it started on save mode though. So I ran a sfc...
  7. Windows 10 keeps freezing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keeps freezing.: Hi there everyone, let me get to the question. So while I was checking out the Device Manager I noticed my graphics card (Radeon M265X) was not there, so I downloaded the driver and tried to install it. But I got an error saying that the driver was not "digitally signed"...
  8. Windows 10 keeps freezing when i launch a game

Windows 10 keeps freezing when i launch a game: This keeps happening and I've tried everything that I know of and am getting very desperate I have clean installed windows and I know my graphics driver is up to date and the game I play I am trying to play I am positive I meet the requirements please help I will take any...
  9. PC keeps restarting, crashing, freezing and showing Blue Screens.

PC keeps restarting, crashing, freezing and showing Blue Screens.: As the title reads, my PC has been crashing a lot lately. I've tried running various troubleshooting programs on my PC, but none seem to help. I do believe that it has to do with my drivers or the Windows update, but I'm not sure. Whenever I try to update my PC to the latest...
  10. Explorer and taskbar keep freezing after installing Feature update to Windows 10, version...

Explorer and taskbar keep freezing after installing Feature update to Windows 10, version...: I have Surface Pro 4 I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03 as well as quality updates. Now the computer keeps freezing so that the tesk bar does not work and I cannot use alt-tab to go between applications I have tried using a restore to go...