Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Dell Computer screen keeps freezing on me. It usually happens if I leave the computer idle, but on a rare occasion it will happen when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HM_90, Dec 21, 2019.

1. HM_90 Win User

Windows 10 keeps freezing

My Windows 10 Dell Computer screen keeps freezing on me.

It usually happens if I leave the computer idle, but on a rare occasion it will happen when I am using it.

I bought this computer over 4 years ago and it has been like this ever since I took it out of the box.

The only way I can get it to respond it to press and hold the power button until it turns off and then turn it on again.

Sometimes though it will crash even before it finishes booting up and sometimes it will crash right after it has reached the desktop and I have to restart it again.

:)

HM_90, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Dec 21, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows keeps freezing up

Hi Brian,

If your computer is freezing, it could due to the operating system being outdated, or that some applications in your system is causing it to freeze, etc. For us to isolate the issue about Windows 10 freezing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When does Windows 10 hangs/freezes? Is it after logging in to Windows? Or is it when you are using an application?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your computer?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows? If yes, which version of Windows was previously installed on your computer?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your computer. If there are, kindly install them and restart your computer. After restarting, check if Windows 10 still freezes. Here's how
    to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , then select Check for updates.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps freezing - Similar Threads - keeps freezing

2. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6
  3. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6
  4. My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?: For the last 2–3 days my computer has been doing this thing where I'll be in a game, watching YouTube, or downloading something; where it causes my mouse to just stop responding while it's still on, and I can't hear my computer audio, but I can hear the sound it makes when I...
  5. My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?

My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?: For the last 2–3 days my computer has been doing this thing where I'll be in a game, watching YouTube, or downloading something; where it causes my mouse to just stop responding while it's still on, and I can't hear my computer audio, but I can hear the sound it makes when I...
  6. My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. New laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop keeps freezing: I haveWINDOWS 11 i5 13420H16gb ram RTX 2050 idk what's the problem it's brand new and i tried other test all of it are good. idk what's wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-keeps-freezing/f7fb4b71-1cac-4e28-8076-f8bb755acdd2
  8. New laptop keeps freezing

New laptop keeps freezing: I haveWINDOWS 11 i5 13420H16gb ram RTX 2050 idk what's the problem it's brand new and i tried other test all of it are good. idk what's wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-keeps-freezing/f7fb4b71-1cac-4e28-8076-f8bb755acdd2
  9. PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.

PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.: So recently in the last month or so my pc keeps getting blue screen'd or freezes randomly, usually right after I boot it up and I have no idea what's going on.I looked up any solutions to the BSOD codes I've got and most of them said that it's because of my drivers.So I tried...
  10. PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.: So recently in the last month or so my pc keeps getting blue screen'd or freezes randomly, usually right after I boot it up and I have no idea what's going on.I looked up any solutions to the BSOD codes I've got and most of them said that it's because of my drivers.So I tried...