Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode and only way to wake up is hard reboot reset

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode and only way to wake up is hard reboot reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I'm using a Windows 10 Pro, and the thing keeps on randomly going in sleep. Sometimes right on start up, sometimes much later... Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichMichMichh, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode and only way to wake up is hard reboot reset

Hi Folks,

I'm using a Windows 10 Pro, and the thing keeps on randomly going in sleep. Sometimes right on start up, sometimes much later... Tried pretty much everything, but nothing started so far. PC worked while on 1809, but it's almost as catastrophic as the build prior 1803...

Has anyone found anything?

Current version is 2004, build 19041.928

Cheers

:)

MichMichMichh, Apr 19, 2021
  2. AJ123098 Win User

Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep mode

Well, yes, if you change your sleep settings to "never" let the computer go to sleep, then obviously it will not have the issues of not waking up FROM sleep - because it never went to sleep in the first place. Duh. That is not a solution. That is merely
    a temporary holdover to save your computer from having to be hard rebooted all the time by avoiding the sleep mode problem altogether. But simply not using sleep mode anymore is not a solution. We need sleep mode to WORK. Microsoft needs to come up with a
    fix to eliminate this problem so people's computers will sleep/wake normally, the way they're supposed to, the way everyone's was doing just fine before upgrading to Windows 10...

AJ123098, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode

Had windows 10 since the free upgrade just over a month ago. Last few weeks, it keeps going into sleep mode after a couple of minutes non use. This is causing problems with anti virus, as it does not run whilst in sleep, so I cannot leave it to run. Its
    full sleep mode, where I have to wait for it to finish closing before I can move the mouse or keyboard to wake.

I have looked on the internet and cannot find a solution to this. Have already set power options to never go to sleep (on both battery and mains), changed screensaver to none, still keeps happening.

If I close down and reboot, its OK for a while, then start sleeping again. Any ideas?

Tribillowl, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode and only way to wake up is hard reboot reset

Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode and only way to wake up is hard reboot reset

1. Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode and only way to wake up is hard reboot reset - Similar Threads - keeps going sleep

2. My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.: This happens even when I set the power option to 'never'.I have uninstalled/installed drivers. Taken out my graphics card and memory chips and cleaned all the contacts. I have changed the DVI.Removed unnecessary entries in Device Manager.I did manage to run a graphics card...
  3. Monitor Keeps Waking Up Infinitely in Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Keeps Waking Up Infinitely in Sleep Mode.: My power settings are set to turn my monitor off after 15 minutes of inactivity. When I had an RTX 2080 everything was fine. I recently upgraded to an RX 6800 XT and now I have an issue where the monitor keeps waking back up after being off for 3 seconds, which repeats...
  4. Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode and only way to wake up is hard reboot reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode and only way to wake up is hard reboot reset: Hi Folks, I'm using a Windows 10 Pro, and the thing keeps on randomly going in sleep. Sometimes right on start up, sometimes much later... Tried pretty much everything, but nothing started so far. PC worked while on 1809, but it's almost as catastrophic as the build prior...
  5. PC keeps waking up out of sleep mode.

PC keeps waking up out of sleep mode.: This is really annoying and has been going on for a few months now. My PC will randomly come out of sleep mode. Iv'e turned off wake timers in the power settings but it still happens. I managed to look up other solutions and one told me to go into the event viewer and I did...
  6. sleep mode not waking up windows 10

sleep mode not waking up windows 10: Hi I changed Windows power settings --> lid closing to Do Nothing, still it goes to sleep whenever I close the lid and not waking up. Always I need to shutdown and restart. : Appreciate your support on this Thanks...
  7. Laptop reboots instead of waking up from sleep mode

Laptop reboots instead of waking up from sleep mode: I've seen lots of power/sleep problems discussed on forums, but nothing exactly like the problem I'm having since the latest Windows 10 update. The laptop seems to go to sleep fine. Then when I open the lid or press the power button to wake it up, it makes the unmistakable...
  8. Waking PC up from sleep mode causes a reboot

Waking PC up from sleep mode causes a reboot: Problem: I have a small group of Dell Latitude E7470 (Bios Version 1.11.3) laptops that have and sleep mode issue. When a user closes the top cover of the laptop and puts the machine to sleep all appears normal and the power light begins to pulse. Then, when the user...
  9. Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on: I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) on a HP Envy - 750-514. I put my computer in Sleep Mode any time that I finished with it. * Last nite in the middle of the nite, I heard my computer power up on its own.* When I checked on it, the power lite was on "on" and it was running.*...
  10. Sleep: Keeps waking up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep: Keeps waking up!: Hi Folks, Since I upgraded to 10 I have had constant issues. Mainly when I put the machine to sleep it wakes itself up automatically. I have banned all deviced from allowing it to wake, removed it from any workgroups and a million other fixes I have seen online. Yet I...