Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps going to lock screen

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps going to lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After I login to Windows 10 it automatically logs me off and I have to keep trying to login. This just started occurring 2 weeks ago. Any advice? I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KyleRobertson5, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps going to lock screen

After I login to Windows 10 it automatically logs me off and I have to keep trying to login. This just started occurring 2 weeks ago. Any advice? I have already refreshed the computer and it still is happening.

:)

KyleRobertson5, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 keeps going to lock screen

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps going to lock screen

1. Windows 10 keeps going to lock screen - Similar Threads - keeps going lock

2. Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work: In the middle of the work on my computer, every few to 10 minutes, the lock screen is randomly shown, and the screen becomes black.This is terrible, and I don't know what caused it. I didn't change the settings of power and display.I removed and updated all the graphic...
  3. Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC keeps randomly going to lock screen in middle of work: In the middle of the work on my computer, every few to 10 minutes, the lock screen is randomly shown, and the screen becomes black.This is terrible, and I don't know what caused it. I didn't change the settings of power and display.I removed and updated all the graphic...
  4. My computer keeps going to lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps going to lock screen: Hi there - I've had a persistent issue with my lenovo laptop. I plug my laptop into a docking station, so I look at it on a separate, larger monitor. It keeps on going to screensaver/lock screen. I've tried everything. My power and sleep settings for screen is "never" for...
  5. windows 10 keeps logging out and going to lock screen after 60sec

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 keeps logging out and going to lock screen after 60sec: windows 10 is going to lock screen after 60 seconds being untouched. even when i am reading something ot installing or watching. i have to move the mouse constantly in order to stay logged in. tried every solution i found on the internet but didn't work. plz help me....
  6. windows screen keeps going black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows screen keeps going black: on my computer my computer will turn on and it will show the dell screen then windows loading screen then stays black. for a while it will stay black then it will turn on and i can sign in then when i load in it starts flashing black again. it works perfectly fine on my...
  7. Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 computer keeps randomly going to lock screen.: When the computer is IN USE the screen goes black then goes back to the lock screen and requires the passcode again. It does it every 3-5 minutes then eventually spreads out to every 8-10 minutes, but it's super annoying in the middle of a youtube video or screen recording....
  8. Computer going to “locking” screen

Computer going to “locking” screen: Hello, i’m not sure what info is needed but I do indeed have a windows computer, but when my battery is low, not dead, it randomly shows a blue screen that says “locking” also it shows “hibernating” too, then it goes black, i’ve been looking this up for awhile and i’ve found...
  9. My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen.: My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen while I'm doing something. I don't know what to do. I don't have a screen saver or anything but it just keeps doing it....
  10. Screen keeps locking up on windows 10

Screen keeps locking up on windows 10: I *HAD* a problem with Windows 10 it looks like the lock screen keeps popping up regardless if I set the timeout to never or not on my power options or in the lock screen settings. However, I have found a work around for the problem so I thought I would share with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 always lock screen