Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps going to sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps going to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have changed every power setting I can find even the advanced power settings but the computer still goes to sleep every time it is inactive for more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Need Help1952, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 keeps going to sleep

I have changed every power setting I can find even the advanced power settings but the computer still goes to sleep every time it is inactive for more than 5 minutes. Is there away t stop this?

:)

Need Help1952, Oct 30, 2018

2. Windows 10 keeps going to sleep

Hello,

The issue you're experiencing with the sleep settings of your Windows 10 PC might be due to a corrupted system file. That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far with the Dell support?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC?
    Click the Start button, type
    About your PC, and then press
    Enter to find out the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC.

In the meantime, we recommend running the troubleshooter for power settings. The tool will scan and fix your Windows PC for any issues detected that is related to the power settings. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Power under
      Find and fix other problems.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Windows 10 goes into the sleep mode constantly

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and for delay in responding back to you.

• Have you tried the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

If the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri didn't help you then we suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 Keeps going into sleep after 1 minute idle

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assists you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Windows 10 keeps going to sleep

Windows 10 sleep

Hello,

To better assist you, we would like to know if you have tried any troubleshooting steps so far. We have here a thread Windows
    10 Keeps going into sleep after 1 minute idle
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Aleksadr 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps going to sleep

1. Windows 10 keeps going to sleep - Similar Threads - keeps going sleep

2. Windows 11 keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps going to sleep: Hi, my laptop a new lenovo thinkpad, all updates done keeps going to sleep if i leave it for like 30 seconds. I changed all the settings I could find related to sleep mode, battery etc, no Never or to something like 30min/45min etc... Nothing is pointing to such a short time...
  3. Windows 11 keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps going to sleep: Hi, my laptop a new lenovo thinkpad, all updates done keeps going to sleep if i leave it for like 30 seconds. I changed all the settings I could find related to sleep mode, battery etc, no Never or to something like 30min/45min etc... Nothing is pointing to such a short time...
  4. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  5. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  6. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps going to "sleep: Started tonight, all three of my monitors show no signal detected and then go to sleep mode. Computer seems to keep running but will not wake up. Have to do a hard restart to get it back up. Runnings Windows 10 Pro, updated with current MB bios versions, temps are fine, no...
  8. Touchpad keeps going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps going to sleep.: It will randomly goto sleep. Usually when im typing, but not always just when typing. occasionally it will reactivate as intended immediately after, but most of the time, it will stay asleep for upto 3-5 seconds of me clicking and sliding on the touchpad. Is there a way to...
  9. Touchpad keeps going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad keeps going to sleep.: It will randomly goto sleep. Usually when im typing, but not always just when typing. occasionally it will reactivate as intended immediately after, but most of the time, it will stay asleep for upto 3-5 seconds of me clicking and sliding on the touchpad. Is there a way to...
  10. Laptop keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop keeps going to sleep: I have an HP 8540 laptop. I have the power settings set to high performance and all the options to go to sleep when plugged in are set to off/no. HOWEVER, it keeps going to sleep even when things like a download is running. There r a few things like my 3D printer program...