Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps hanging, always whenever I'm browsing the internet

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps hanging, always whenever I'm browsing the internet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; About a week ago, I experienced a hang with my almost two year old Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop, and ever since, the hanging kept happening. And in all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xil_Jam333, May 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps hanging, always whenever I'm browsing the internet

About a week ago, I experienced a hang with my almost two year old Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop, and ever since, the hanging kept happening. And in all these hangs, they all happened whenever an internet browser is running (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, but haven't tested Internet Explorer yet). But, it doesn't happen everytime; there are instances where I can browse the internet without hanging. It's not an overheating issue at all; the laptop doesn't get hot when these happens, and I can play video games for many hours straight that make my laptop a little hotter (not to the extent of overheating) without hanging. I did a full scan using Kaspersky Internet Security and it deleted infected files and quarantined a few ones, but after that, a hang still happened. My Windows is up to date.

One thing I noticed is that these issues started happening a few days after I installed Kaspersky Internet Security (which also installed Kaspersky Secure Connection and Kaspersky Password Manager as well). However, when I tried to exit all these applications, a hang still happened as well. I figured maybe exiting is not enough; I need to uninstall it. I just did, like an hour ago, and I have yet to see if a hang would ever occur again.

I want to know, aside from probably Kaspersky, what could be the potential causes of and possible fixes for these constant hangs while browsing the internet. I configured my laptop to create dump files when crashes occur. When I tried a manual crash using WhoCrashed, it created a dump file. But when I had an actual crash occur, no dump file was produced, making it impossible for me to trace exactly the cause.

Reinstalling Windows 10 would be my last resort. I don't want to do it yet until I've already tried all possible solutions.

EDIT: It's probably important if I include the details of how the hang happens. Basically, I'm browsing the internet as normal, and then all of a sudden, things take too long to load, and then suddenly, I can't click anything, then lastly the cursor stops moving (sometimes it won't, it would still be movable, but the cursor would be in the loading state instead, the blue circle symbol). Then a BSOD occurs. Also, the internet browser doesn't need to be in focus for the hang to occur, as long as it's opened.

submitted by /u/Xil_Jam333
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xil_Jam333, May 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 25, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Windows 10 keeps hanging, always whenever I'm browsing the internet

Internet Explorer 11 keeps crashing and restarting on Windows 10!

Hi,

Internet Explorer 11 is a pretty stable browser, but for some unknown reasons, your Internet Explorer freezes, crashes or frequently hangs.

Here are some troubleshooting steps that we can perform to resolve Internet Explorer 11 issues:

• Clear Internet Explorer Cache and browsing history.
      • To delete browsing history in Internet Explorer 11:
        • In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, point to
          Safety
          , and then select Delete browsing history.
        • Choose the types of data or files you want to remove from your PC, and then select
          Delete.
    • Run your antivirus software.
    • Run the System File Checker tool.
      • Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) in Windows 10:
        • Click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the
          Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
          Run as administrator.
        • At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
          sfc /scannow
    The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at
    %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.

The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.

Note: Do not the Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps hanging, always whenever I'm browsing the internet

1. Windows 10 keeps hanging, always whenever I'm browsing the internet - Similar Threads - keeps hanging always

2. OneNote for Windows 10 keep hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote for Windows 10 keep hangs: I have windows surface go with OneNote for Windows 10. I use Microsoft Pen to capture daily Notes work / personal related. when I take notes through browser and after 2 minutes my computer freezes and nothing works so I have to manually shut it down and restart....
  3. internet browsing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet browsing: Hi, I can't browse YouTube and some other cites after I installed win10, how I can solve this problem? I appreciate any help Thank you & best regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-browsing/e2abfbb5-876a-40cb-912c-496147436d93
  4. I'm connected to the internet but I can only browse

I'm connected to the internet but I can only browse: When ever i open the windows app store it says " PC is not connected to the internet, try again." But the thing is, i am connected to the internet, i can browse, watch youtube play music, i was able to download seam. But i cant download discord because of " not being...
  5. Always start in private browsing mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Always start in private browsing mode?: Hello, I know the shortcut trick about adding -inprivate or something like that at the end of the shortcut. But how do I make it so that the program icon pinned to the task bar, when I click it, that it will automatically start in private? I am asking for the latest...
  6. I can browse the Internet but it says i'm not connected.

I can browse the Internet but it says i'm not connected.: I'm connected to the internet and I can browse on internet, play online games and install programs. However it says I'm not connected to the network this stops me from downloading new network updates or logging onto adobe to do work. Sometimes when the PC is shutdown and...
  7. Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing: This happens to me every so often for years i thought it was a graphics driver from nvidia But for some reason it starting happening every 5-10 minutes the computer is unusable So when i started going through my file folders it happened faster and faster and when i...
  8. Internet browsing slow

Internet browsing slow: Since a recent Windows 10 update I am experiencing extremely slow internet browsing and have problems with such as internet banking, and errors popping up saying there is a problem with most sites I am viewing, even though I know there is no problem as when I connect to same...
  9. Unable to Browse Internet

Unable to Browse Internet: My husband & I try to remotely support his father's HP desktop. In the last month or so he can get email, TeamViewer for remote access works fine we can ping websites by name and IP but cannot browse to them by name or IP. We have done all the things recommended on MS site...
  10. Task Host Window Always Hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Host Window Always Hanging: Hi all. following the big "feature update" hoozit i got a couple months ago, it seems that now, whenever i power off i get the blue screen telling me that are apps waiting to close; this seems to be the AppUpdate checker or whatever it's called; is this a common issue after...