Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This happens to me every so often for years i thought it was a graphics driver from nvidia But for some reason it starting happening every 5-10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LS_22, Oct 14, 2019.

1. LS_22 Win User

Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing

This happens to me every so often for years i thought it was a graphics driver from nvidia

But for some reason it starting happening every 5-10 minutes the computer is unusable

So when i started going through my file folders it happened faster and faster

and when i transferred large files to my laptop to format the drive it happens every couple minutes

So i think this problem is due to file explorer and or transferring large files

I read windows 10 has an issue with SSDs and after deleting the driver it seems to hang in there a little longer before freezing but still hangs and then eventually does freeze

For ex. I had a youtube video playing, the system froze couldnt do anything but heard the video (background) for another 30 seconds and can move mouse but then the vid stopped but can still move mouse but thats the only thing, it will stay like that indefinitely hard reset followed by holding the power button then turning on again, if you just reset it will not boot after restart?

Hope thats good info, its been happening for years and i know this is a common windows problem thank you

Amd ryzen 1600x

8gb ram

gtx 1060

512gb ssd spc a55

ga-ax370-gaming 5

:)

LS_22, Oct 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 Freeze / Hang

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    . To know more on how to resolved your issue with Windows 10 screen freeze/ hang.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Oct 14, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows keeps freezing up

Hi Brian,

If your computer is freezing, it could due to the operating system being outdated, or that some applications in your system is causing it to freeze, etc. For us to isolate the issue about Windows 10 freezing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When does Windows 10 hangs/freezes? Is it after logging in to Windows? Or is it when you are using an application?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your computer?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows? If yes, which version of Windows was previously installed on your computer?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your computer. If there are, kindly install them and restart your computer. After restarting, check if Windows 10 still freezes. Here's how
    to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , then select Check for updates.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing - Similar Threads - keeps hanging freezing

2. Windows Hangs/freezes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hangs/freezes.: Recently my PC has been suffering from hang up or freezes, usually at the Loh on screen after booting up, PC will freeze for a minute and the start responding again. Some times I try to start a program and the same thing happens, hangs up and a minute later it starts...
  3. Windows Hangs/freezes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hangs/freezes.: Recently my PC has been suffering from hang up or freezes, usually at the Loh on screen after booting up, PC will freeze for a minute and the start responding again. Some times I try to start a program and the same thing happens, hangs up and a minute later it starts...
  4. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  5. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  6. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 Hangs/Freezing Problem

Windows 10 Hangs/Freezing Problem: Hi, I have my desktop for about 2.5 years now.Starting this year, it starts to freeze within few minutes after entering win10 os when I first turn it on in the morning. After I force a hard boot, it then typically works well for the rest of the day.I google online and try...
  8. Freezing and Hanging Windows 10

Freezing and Hanging Windows 10: When you're typing or scrolling computer freezes or hangs for 2 to 10 seconds. I have tried everything that I can find on the internet, including 8 different power settings, and updates, and diagnostic test. Everything comes back normal. If I wasn't so scared of it I'd...
  9. windows 10 , hangs or freezes

windows 10 , hangs or freezes: My computer has windows 10,and it hangs or freezes,all the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hangs-or-freezes/cd07db91-6542-4766-abe6-db9716ae6d8f
  10. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing

Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing: Hi Support, Currently I have run windows latest updated. Checked internal laptop diagnostic for hardware any issues, passed the diagnosed test. Done office 2010 internal repaired w/o any issues. Its did hangs Excel, Adobe Reader, Windows updates randomly. I appreciate...