Windows 10: Windows 10 Keeps Locking up and sleeping

Discus and support Windows 10 Keeps Locking up and sleeping in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 keep locking up and sleeping at random times does it for all the computers in the company. Checked the server and the group policy and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Chad Burt, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Chad Burt Win User

Windows 10 Keeps Locking up and sleeping

Windows 10 keep locking up and sleeping at random times does it for all the computers in the company. Checked the server and the group policy and nothing was changed or added. Tried disabling the sleep and still cannot get the the automatic lock to stop. Tried to max out the inactivity on the lock screen is there something I am missing need Help!!

:)

Chad Burt, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    windows 10 keeps locking up why?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Did you notice any changes on the computer prior to experiencing this issue?
    • When you say that the computer keeps locking, does it happen due to inactivity or does it happen while you’re working on the computer?
    • Does the computer go into sleep mode or does it lock the currently logged-in user account?
    • After the computer is locked or after it goes into sleep mode, what happens when you try to sign in to your system or try to wake the system up?

Please reply with the information requested above for us to have the clear understanding of the issue and suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

How to ask an effective question

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Forums

Peer_Sam, Nov 10, 2020
  4. SandyW360 Win User

Windows 10 Sleep/Lock Problem

This advice did not work for me.

Some one wrote this.... just upgraded to Windows 10 and my monitor will not come back from Sleep or Lock Mode without turning off the computer and rebooting.

I am and I am having the same problem with not coming back from sleep mode. If I press the on off button the monitor will come back on
    but everything is locked up and then I have to turn it off on the tower. And then turn it back on. What I have found to work is turning the power options to never turn off or sleep and then just turn off the
    monitor during the day and then just shut it off at night.

SandyW360, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Keeps Locking up and sleeping - Similar Threads - Keeps Locking sleeping

2. Windows Keeps Locking Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Keeps Locking Up: I'll be browsing the internet or whatever and suddenly the mouse cursor locks up and then a moment later the whole PC does and I have to manually restart it. It happens at least once a day. I don't know what's causing this but it's a problem because sometimes it happens...
  3. Windows Keeps Locking Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Keeps Locking Up: I'll be browsing the internet or whatever and suddenly the mouse cursor locks up and then a moment later the whole PC does and I have to manually restart it. It happens at least once a day. I don't know what's causing this but it's a problem because sometimes it happens...
  4. Windows Keeps Locking Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.: My PC keeps waking up from sleep every few minutes. Some time it can go longer without waking up. I've tried this solution but it didn't work. Here's my "powercfg -lastwake" output but I'm not sure what it means. submitted by /u/justAreallyLONGname [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up: So I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I can't log in now. The lock screen appears, I swipe up, then enter my password. It says "Welcome" but after the screen fades to black the lock screen comes back. Tried rebooting, but it's no use....
  7. windows 10 keeps locking up why?

windows 10 keeps locking up why?: I have to reboot several times a day because my desk top computer keeps locking up has anyone able to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-locking-up-why/e3744cfa-baa9-4fcc-9af5-7afab6719956
  8. Screen keeps locking up on windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps locking up on windows 10: I *HAD* a problem with Windows 10 it looks like the lock screen keeps popping up regardless if I set the timeout to never or not on my power options or in the lock screen settings. However, I have found a work around for the problem so I thought I would share with the...
  9. Laptop keeps locking up on Windows 10

Laptop keeps locking up on Windows 10: I have a Lenovo T530 running windows 10 and it's locking up and the only thing that works is the mouse,i have to do a hard reset to get it to work.But i only works for a couple of minutes then locks up again.Please any help....
  10. Sleep: Keeps waking up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep: Keeps waking up!: Hi Folks, Since I upgraded to 10 I have had constant issues. Mainly when I put the machine to sleep it wakes itself up automatically. I have banned all deviced from allowing it to wake, removed it from any workgroups and a million other fixes I have seen online. Yet I...