Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps messing with folder view settings

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps messing with folder view settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So first Microsoft messed with Downloads folder, force-enabling 'Group by Date', and no matter how hard I've tried disabling it (simply changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Raze Cruz, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Raze Cruz Win User

Windows 10 keeps messing with folder view settings

So first Microsoft messed with Downloads folder, force-enabling 'Group by Date', and no matter how hard I've tried disabling it (simply changing the preferences, applying them to all folders, SFC, editing the Registry etc etc) it always re-enables it.

And now whenever I search something within a folder instead of 'Large icons' I had for one year without any problems it always switches to 'Content'.

How do I stop this idiocy?

:)

Raze Cruz, Dec 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 13, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Dec 13, 2019
  4. TomStrong Win User

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps messing with folder view settings - Similar Threads - keeps messing folder

2. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  3. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  4. Different folders set with different views in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different folders set with different views in Windows 10?: Is it possible, for example, to have "Folder 1" be in "Details" view. While "Folder 2" be in "Large Icons" view? When I open Folder 1, I would like it to always show in "Details" view. And when I open Folder 2, I want it to always show in "Large Icons" view. I tried setting...
  5. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  6. Download Folder View is mess up

in Windows 10 Support
    Download Folder View is mess up: I want my download folder view default. How to change it? Now it looks like this. [img] 134766
  7. Reset folder view settings in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reset folder view settings in Windows 10?: To put it directly, I'm looking for the Windows 10 equivalent of this: Folder View Settings - Reset to Default in Windows 8 16713
  8. Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 How to Set a Default Folder View for All Folders in Windows 10 [img] Information While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC that...
  9. Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can change the layout view of the content of your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how...
  10. Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 In Windows, you can change the File Explorer window size, layout view of items in your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how to...