Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10[ATTACH] It is up to date Everything is ok except one annoying thing. Same as in the question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Konstantyn Maksimczyk, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked

I have windows 10 Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked 923f7aef-ebcf-4136-a1b8-cc085719bdba?upload=true.png

It is up to date

Everything is ok except one annoying thing.

Same as in the question

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...f-locked/33109f86-7e5b-4bd2-b871-1d4580900090

The difference is - I have ONE monitor system. And another one computer with two monitors.

Both have same issue.

Taskbar is moving despite of it is locked.

There is no rule when it is happening. It might be after restart. Or without restart. It might be after some application for example youtube player in chrome browser goes fullscreen and back. Sometimes just nothing changes - I mean I'm not using computer, it just kept running all the time and after some time I'm going to use it and see taskbar in the different location.

I want to have it vertically at the right, but it jumps either to the left or to the bottom.

Same issue happens to be honest - very rarely also on my third PC - laptop with or without additional monitor connected.

Looking to the mentioned unanswered topic - the issue lives with win10 at least since 2016 and I don't have much hope for this to be fixed, but anyway...

Does someone have any clue on how to fix this?

Best regards,

Konstanty

:)

Konstantyn Maksimczyk, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 26, 2020
  3. How to drag and move the taskbar on Windows 10?

I checked the Taskbar, as indicated .The "lock the Taskbar" is unchecked. So, the problem stays the same.

hrayravedian, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked

Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked

My taskbar is also moving at random times on Windows 10. Just now it moved on two PCs when I rebooted only one of them. On PC #1 (active the whole time), it moved from left side of screen to right side. On PC #2 (during reboot), it moved from right side
    of screen to left side. Both PCs use side-by-side monitors and have the taskbar on their primary monitors. Also, both have their taskbar positions locked. Are taskbar settings somehow linked to my account?

Francis S., Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked

1. Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked - Similar Threads - keeps moving taskbar

2. Windows 10, Taskbar icon keep moving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Taskbar icon keep moving: [ATTACH] showing icon on task bar keep moving/flashing. solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-taskbar-icon-keep-moving/0891946e-3912-433b-bddf-74d31ce095cc
  3. Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked.

Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked.: Been having an issue with Windows 10 ever since I swapped from an AMD graphics card to NVidia. I have Windows 10. And throughout past 3 versions Currently at 2004 my task/start bar keeps moving back to my primary screen either at reboot, or post/during gaming. Using both Dual...
  4. Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings: I was screwing around on my computer and installed Nexus Dock for some reason, but eventually got rid of it. However, now the dock isn't staying put no matter what option I try in settings. I don't understand why, since "Lock the taskbar" is checked when I right click on the...
  5. Windows 10 taskbar moving itself while locked

Windows 10 taskbar moving itself while locked: I have a pc and a Surface Pro 6 both running W10 64 bit. Both usually have moved the taskbar from my chosen position every day, after sleep, de-hibernation or restart. Each time I have to unlock, repositon, and re-lock it. If it was just one of these devices I might suspect...
  6. Locked taskbar moves back to primary monitor

Locked taskbar moves back to primary monitor: As the subject says, I have my taskbar locked on my secondary monitor, however, about 7 out of every 10 times I reboot my PC, the taskbar moves back to my primary monitor, and still remains locked. I had this same set up and had no problems with it before, but it has popped...
  7. Windows 10 taskbar moves

Windows 10 taskbar moves: i have a dual monitor set up and have done for years, i recently did a clean install of windows keeping the exact same monitor configuration. I have always kept my taskbar at the bottom of monitor "2" and never had a problem but since the clean install everytime i login it...
  8. Windows 10 taskbar changes even though locked

Windows 10 taskbar changes even though locked: I've found a smattering of other people who have asked a similar question in the past, but have never been able to find a fix. I have my taskbar locked and set to a certain height (4 rows). It stays that way until I do any of the following: Restart the computer Restart...
  9. Taskbar keeps moving even when locked, on several computers

Taskbar keeps moving even when locked, on several computers: I am having the same issue as thousands of other windows users from what I have read. Computer 1 - taskbar is set to display at the bottom of the screen. After a certain amount of time (or reboots) it gets moved to the side, even though it is locked. Computer 2 - set...
  10. Taskbar Auro-resizes Even When Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Auro-resizes Even When Locked: This is strange; it occurred shortly after the last update, but not immediately after it, so I don't know it that's related or not. Also I am kind of shooting in the dark as to where best to post this, so please forgive it this is not the right place. My Taskbar is two...