Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps on freezing after the last update

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps on freezing after the last update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So last night my PC was in sleep mode and decided that it's time to delete all my progress in few project that I clearly saved and were open while it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/s_trader, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps on freezing after the last update

So last night my PC was in sleep mode and decided that it's time to delete all my progress in few project that I clearly saved and were open while it updated itself..

Since the update the PC is turning on and I manage to work for like 30 minutes to 1 hour and then all of a sudden it freezes and I have to hard restart it (holding down the power button like a caveman) I have 16gb of ram, it's an HP laptop connected to external monitor (they extend so it's like long screen thingy, you know what I mean)

Here's what I'm usually using on my PC: like 3 VS code projects, 10 Firefox tabs, 1 word document, 3 notes in notepad++ and VLC for music with a playlist of 700 songs)

I can see that before the freezing the CPU reaches 100%, so I tried to use as little software as possible and I only use a single monitor (the laptop's monitor itself isn't on, I project to the desktop monitor, so now it's only 1 monitor and it's not a crazy 4K gaming one, it's a 6 years old 23 inches 1080p monitor) also I only had Firefox with like 6 tabs opened and 1 note in notepad++ and only 2 VS Code projects open, and it's still reaching 100% with no apparent reason on why..

I'd love to get suggestions on what to do with this problem because it's a huge pain.. thanks in advance Windows 10 keeps on freezing after the last update :)

submitted by /u/s_trader
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/s_trader, Jul 10, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows keeps freezing up

Hi Brian,

If your computer is freezing, it could due to the operating system being outdated, or that some applications in your system is causing it to freeze, etc. For us to isolate the issue about Windows 10 freezing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When does Windows 10 hangs/freezes? Is it after logging in to Windows? Or is it when you are using an application?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your computer?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows? If yes, which version of Windows was previously installed on your computer?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your computer. If there are, kindly install them and restart your computer. After restarting, check if Windows 10 still freezes. Here's how
    to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , then select Check for updates.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Windows 10 keep freezing after Creator's update

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest updating your computer to the latest build of Version 1607. There have been 3 updates meant to improve your system's performance since build version 14393.1198. To install the latest updates, follow
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Settings and press Enter.
    • Click Update & Security.
    • Click Check for updates.
    • Click Install.
    Let us know if your computer stops freezing after installing the latest updates.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 keeps on freezing after the last update

Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps on freezing after the last update

1. Windows 10 keeps on freezing after the last update - Similar Threads - keeps freezing last

2. Computer keeps freezing after windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing after windows updates: Hello there!I updated something called BIOS alongside some other windows updates and driver updates 4 days ago. Ever since then any time I'm gaming and my game gets more taxing on my computer the computer totally freezes and stops working. I can't move my mouse at all and...
  3. Computer keeps freezing after windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing after windows updates: Hello there!I updated something called BIOS alongside some other windows updates and driver updates 4 days ago. Ever since then any time I'm gaming and my game gets more taxing on my computer the computer totally freezes and stops working. I can't move my mouse at all and...
  4. Computer freezing after last update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezing after last update: My computer has developed a problem since the last update - 2 days ago. After going to sleep it then freezes with the screen black. When I tap a key to wake it up nothing happens - the power key is on but won't turn off. I then need to turn the power off at the mains -...
  5. Windows 10 keeps freezing after the latest update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 keeps freezing after the latest update: Windows keeps freezing and won't even let me restart unless I press off button after the latest update of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-freezing-after-the-latest-update/61929a83-7a28-4aee-9885-896163d8c110
  6. Windows freezing since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing since last update: Ever since my last update, my screen freezes and allows no action either by mouse or keyboard. Letting it sit does not work. I have had to re-start to get out of the screen. This happens across the board, not just in a browser. Do I just wait for the next update to "correct"...
  7. PC is freezing after last big update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC is freezing after last big update: Hello, I have this problem that my laptop keeps freezing when I'm on chrome or either in game (closed chrome). It wasn't like this since the last big update of win 10. I recently was on the latop of my friend and it's doing the same to her. I would like to ask how to solve...
  8. PC keeps rebooting after the last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps rebooting after the last update: After the last Windows 10 update my PC keeps rebooting, it lasts for hours and nothing seems to be working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-rebooting-after-the-last-update/edc3d4c5-0bd3-4912-829c-1cf7a135e7d5
  9. Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night: I received help via the Microsoft chat support and had the problem fixed by updating my graphics driver. I was able to play games and browse the web that night but as I logged off it said it was updating. Bringing me to today where my computer crashes anywhere from 4-6...
  10. last windows update freeze pc

in Windows 10 Support
    last windows update freeze pc: Greetings I'm in winver 1709 build 16299.192 last update was most probably "cummulative update for windows 10 for x64-based systems KB4074588" It generated the famous shield on taskbar which I couldnt delete or terminate (from list of tasks) as administrator and until I...