Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps PERSISTENTLY changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deletable...

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps PERSISTENTLY changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deletable... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At random intervals, the keyboard layout will keep PERSISTENTLY changing to UK, prompting me to manually change it back to US. [ATTACH] As you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MorgothBauglir89898989, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps PERSISTENTLY changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deletable...

At random intervals, the keyboard layout will keep PERSISTENTLY changing to UK, prompting me to manually change it back to US.

Windows 10 keeps PERSISTENTLY changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deletable... 451330c4-4217-4691-a9f0-2d7e70f16bc8?upload=true.jpg

As you can see on the image above, there's an option to change to the UK keyboard, while I never made that choice I have already changed it back to US on the above picture, just showing that the UK version is there for illustrative purposes. Manually changing to US fixes it till the next restart.

Going back to the original settings page:

Windows 10 keeps PERSISTENTLY changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deletable... f8bc8842-8789-4311-aa6c-6653986701c3?upload=true.jpg

You can see I have only two languages selected. English US and Greek.

Lastly, here are my location settings:

Windows 10 keeps PERSISTENTLY changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deletable... f5699d58-4f90-4e58-921b-6c254202c528?upload=true.png

There is literally NO REASON for it to change back to UK, as it's not even an option that is available to me since I never selected it in the first place.

Microsoft, please fix this! It's really irritating to keep having to change back to US when " appears as @ multiple times in the day.

I have tried sending an email to microsoft support but there is no possible way for me to do so, as it keeps referring me to an automated agent.

If any microsoft staff sees this, please forward this to your bug supervisor, as it happens on both of my computers at random intervals, both windows 10 64bit, home edition. All latest updates fully installed.

:)

MorgothBauglir89898989, Jan 7, 2020

2. Enabled UK keyboard layout not working

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the below steps and check if you are able to change keyboard to a UK layout. Follow the below steps.

• Type Region on the search bar and click on
      Region and language.

• Click on Add language and click on
      English
      and select UK eng.

• Click on the UK English and click on
      Option.

• Now click on add keyboard and select the
      keyboard.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 7, 2020
  3. DaiB Win User
    UK install but won't change K/B input from US layout

I did a Win 10 upgrade on a Win 8.1 Pro PC using Windows update and find that although it's a UK region setting and installation the PC assumes it has a US keyboard layout. I checked everything. The Region is set as UK and the keyboard is set for both UK and US with UK as top of the list. If I try to delete the US keyboard, Windows puts it back. The EN language bar shows US. I donwloaded the UK language pack but it was ignored. Any ideas on how I can get back to a UK keyboard layout?

DaiB, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 keeps PERSISTENTLY changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deletable...

Changing the keyboard layout

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue changing the keyboard layout in Windows 10 on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Rajesh Govind” replied on October 13, 2014 in the following Microsoft Community link.

How to change the keyboard layout on Windows 10 TP?

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Change your keyboard layout

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-keyboard-layout#1TC=windows-7

Note: The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps PERSISTENTLY changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deletable...

1. Windows 10 keeps PERSISTENTLY changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deletable... - Similar Threads - keeps PERSISTENTLY changing

2. Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK: I have a Microsoft Wedge keyboard with UK layout.However when I pair it with any device, the actual layout is US which does not correspond to the symbols on the actual keyboard, so "#" appears instead of "£" for example.How can I change the regional layout of the keyboard to...
  3. Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK: I have a Microsoft Wedge keyboard with UK layout.However when I pair it with any device, the actual layout is US which does not correspond to the symbols on the actual keyboard, so "#" appears instead of "£" for example.How can I change the regional layout of the keyboard to...
  4. Keyboard layout keeps changing layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout keeps changing layout: My entire Windows is configured in English, the layout of the keyboard in Swiss-French. I speak fluently five languages between which I have to switch professionally several times during the day. I was drafting an e-mail in English and Windows kept changing the layout from...
  5. Keyboard layout keeps changing layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout keeps changing layout: My entire Windows is configured in English, the layout of the keyboard in Swiss-French. I speak fluently five languages between which I have to switch professionally several times during the day. I was drafting an e-mail in English and Windows kept changing the layout from...
  6. Windows keeps "deleting" my keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps "deleting" my keyboard layouts: Hi, I have a Windows with version 20H2, and it likes to keep doing this thing:When I boot up my laptop, I go to the usual screen, but then I look at the language bar, and voilà! My Canadian French layout is gone. And when I click on it, 3 layouts are available: US, Japanese,...
  7. Windows 10 update keeps changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deleteable from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update keeps changing my keyboard to UK layout, and it's not deleteable from...: At random intervals, the keyboard layout will change to UK, prompting me to manually change it back to US. [ATTACH] As you can see on the image above, there's an option to change to the UK keyboard, while I never made that choice I have already changed it back to US on the...
  8. Windows 10 keeps changing my keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keeps changing my keyboard layout: While using one program, and one program only, Windows 10 will randomly change my keyboard layout. I use a Logitech wireless keyboard with "English US" layout and my laptop has a different layout. The problem is windows will insist on going back to my laptop keyboard's...
  9. UK Keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UK Keyboard layout?: I just ordered a laptop, and after placing the order I realized it had a UK keyboard layout. Is this going to be an issue here in the US. It is a Google Pixelbook. 122871
  10. UK keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    UK keyboard layout: Cannot change keyboard to UK . Instructions incomplete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/uk-keyboard-layout/d6329e7f-49be-4dce-b00d-041aaf9c7e36

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WIN 10 KEEPS ALTERING KEYBOARD TO dv-l