Windows 10: windows 10 keeps randomly crashing

Discus and support windows 10 keeps randomly crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; windows crashes then restarts at random. i dont even get a blue screen or black, its just next thing i know i see the dell logo and then my login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Latravant, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Latravant Win User

windows 10 keeps randomly crashing

windows crashes then restarts at random. i dont even get a blue screen or black, its just next thing i know i see the dell logo and then my login screen. i've tried sfc, i've used reliability monitor and uninstalled/reinstalled programs that seem to be running when it happens. i've done malware and virus scans. and nothing seems to be working. last night i left it on with nothing running and it still happened so i know its not one of the apps i use. i did notice one other thing though, windows seems to be updating daily, but doesnt happen around the time the crash happens so not sure if theyre related.

:)

Latravant, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Naby Win User
    10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Naby, Nov 8, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 keeps randomly crashing - Similar Threads - keeps randomly crashing

2. PC keeps randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps randomly crashing: Hello looking for any advice with my system, recently my system has been having some major problems it keeps randomly blue screening or totaly locking up to where ive got to hold the power button or press restart, ive tried following diffrent guids for what blue screen codes...
  3. PC keeps randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps randomly crashing: Hello looking for any advice with my system, recently my system has been having some major problems it keeps randomly blue screening or totaly locking up to where ive got to hold the power button or press restart, ive tried following diffrent guids for what blue screen codes...
  4. Computer keeps randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps randomly crashing: Hello, my computer has been crashing randomly for a while now, I will upload the dump file with OneDrive. I've taken it to a computer repairman and he said he couldn't find anything wrong with the hardware, although he recommended upgrading the RAM which I did. Here is my...
  5. Computer keeps randomly crashing

Computer keeps randomly crashing: Hello, my computer has been crashing randomly for a while now, I will upload the dump file with OneDrive. I've taken it to a computer repairman and he said he couldn't find anything wrong with the hardware, although he recommended upgrading the RAM which I did. Here is my...
  6. Rocket League Keeps Crashing Randomly.

Rocket League Keeps Crashing Randomly.: I just did a fresh install of windows 11 I deleted everything during the install. I have downloaded Rocket League and it keeps crashing. Here is the event log. - System - Provider [ Name] Application Error - EventID 1000 [ Qualifiers] 0 Version 0 Level 2 Task 100 Opcode 0...
  7. FIFA 22 Keep Randomly Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIFA 22 Keep Randomly Crashing: I have tried everything that I can think of: drivers checked for updates and updated through intel support assistant, graphics drivers from GeForce Experience, Windows updated. Game reinstalled fresh reinstalled, verified validity of files, reinstalled steam but my game keeps...
  8. Asphalt 9 keeps crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphalt 9 keeps crashing randomly: I installed asphalt 9 from MS store today. It seemed to work fine for 1 hour, and suddenly it crashed without any reason. I opened up the game again and the game crashed within 2-3 minutes. now, I repaired it and restarted my PC. It worked fine without crashing for 10 min....
  9. Windows randomly crashes and keeps rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows randomly crashes and keeps rebooting: Yesterday I was playing a game, which suddenly crashed. After restarting the request, it crashed again. At first I thought it was the game itself having bugs, but when I was using my webbrowser, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard barely repsonded. That's the point I...
  10. Windows keeps crashing and rebooting randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps crashing and rebooting randomly: My computer has been restarting randomly. Not sure if its my PSU or GPU failing and I dont really know how to read the event logs in depth. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AizfND8h1Mggk346qZFlR1oUAKH_?e=hC8U3K...