Windows 10: windows 10 keeps randomly crashing

Discus and support windows 10 keeps randomly crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; windows crashes then restarts at random. i dont even get a blue screen or black, its just next thing i know i see the dell logo and then my login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Latravant, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Latravant Win User

windows 10 keeps randomly crashing

windows crashes then restarts at random. i dont even get a blue screen or black, its just next thing i know i see the dell logo and then my login screen. i've tried sfc, i've used reliability monitor and uninstalled/reinstalled programs that seem to be running when it happens. i've done malware and virus scans. and nothing seems to be working. last night i left it on with nothing running and it still happened so i know its not one of the apps i use. i did notice one other thing though, windows seems to be updating daily, but doesnt happen around the time the crash happens so not sure if theyre related.

:)

Latravant, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Naby Win User
    10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Naby, Nov 8, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 keeps randomly crashing - Similar Threads - keeps randomly crashing

2. Windows 10 Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Keeps Crashing: Hi, i have Bad experience as you can see i'm With Windows Lately, Explorer and Software Keeps Crashing At Least 3 Time A day i have done everything that i can, *Sfc scan * tried to find Updates *Virus Scan from Both Norton and Nod32, And Also Online Scan *Registry...
  3. I keep having multiple apps randomly crash on windows 10

I keep having multiple apps randomly crash on windows 10: For months now I have had applications that crash without a visual clue of what's happening. The event viewer seems to point to ntdll each time and every time. Faulting application name: i1Studio.exe, version: 1.1.1.7889, time stamp: 0x5b71ef2a Faulting module name:...
  4. windows 10 randomly crashes

windows 10 randomly crashes: So, i've tried windows 10 a few times, and always had the same issues. A few months back something happened with my windows 8 and i was forced to permanently upgrade to 10. Every time, and ever since upgrading, my PC randomly shuts down. It could be two minutes after start...
  5. Windows 10 crashing randomly

Windows 10 crashing randomly: I have had quite the problem with Windows 10 crashing randomly on me. Here's my system's info: MB: ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS RAM: two Kingston 16GB, 2133 MHz sticks CPU: i7-930 2.8GHz LGA 1366 GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 System drive: Samsung 850 EVO - 500gig The system...
  6. Windows 10 keep crashing...

Windows 10 keep crashing...: My win 10 keeps crashing every 35 mins - 2 hours since i updated it 2-3 days ago... The crash isnt common it shows me some white screen with little black lines... And i need to reset my pc to continiue what i was working on......
  7. My PC keeps on crashing with random error

My PC keeps on crashing with random error: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1 posts Local Time: 11:03 Philippines is online now Report Post BSOD random on my Windows 7 64bit with ccboot diskless Good day, I have been having issue with my server where it randomly reboots and the error are...
  8. Windows 10 keep crashing

Windows 10 keep crashing: Hello I recently bought windows 10 for my mother and the pc hast been running stable since. She plays games here GameTwist - Play online on Europe's biggest gaming platform - for free! and always crashes while playing. I hope someone can tell me where the problem is so i...
  9. Windows 10 crashing randomly

Windows 10 crashing randomly: Hello, I have experienced BSOD for a 2nd time on a fresh install of windows 10, with new totally new PC configuration i bought recently. I attached the zip file below. Attachment 120763 Hope somebody can give me a clue what to look for? Milos 77048
  10. Windows 10 randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 randomly crashing: Hi. First off if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I'm sorry, but I'm in a bit of a rush. Windows 10 has been crashing on me constantly and it's even worse since it's not a blue screen, so I don't have a code to go off of or anything. After doing more research I've...