Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps re-opening Firefox and restoring tabs on boot

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps re-opening Firefox and restoring tabs on boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. Since the latest W10 update which we received around a week ago, my PC shuts down fine but when the power is switched back on (often the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevinBaughen, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 keeps re-opening Firefox and restoring tabs on boot

Hi. Since the latest W10 update which we received around a week ago, my PC shuts down fine but when the power is switched back on (often the next day), the windows fast start sequence begins (as it is set to do) and as soon as I log in Windows 10 is loading Firefox and restoring recent tabs...?

Firefox is not a startup program so can anyone help please as this is just making W10 even slower than it normally is to start up (and don't get me started on the totally unfixable 100% C drive usage problem which slows everything down)

Can anyone suggest a solution to stop this start up nonsense please?

Thanks as ever, in advance

UF

:)

KevinBaughen, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Castiel Win User

Tabs open on Starup-Firefox?

I was wondering is there a way where when I start up Firefox multiple tabs open with web pages loading? Like when I open up Firefox 4 tabs start up and they are different websites loading?

Thanks*Toast :toast:

Castiel, Nov 23, 2018
  3. BUG
    bug Win User
    firefox opening all last opened tabs all the time

Lucky you, mine is telling me each time that there was a problem restoring the previous session and I have to click 'Restore' every time. Strangely enough, the session is restored each and every time, so I'm not sure why it won't restore it by itself.

4. Windows 10 keeps re-opening Firefox and restoring tabs on boot

Tabs open on Starup-Firefox?

Here you go!

Supreme0verlord, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps re-opening Firefox and restoring tabs on boot

1. Windows 10 keeps re-opening Firefox and restoring tabs on boot - Similar Threads - keeps opening Firefox

2. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  3. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  4. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Cortana
  5. When multiple Firefox tabs are open, is there a way to rearrange the tabs on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When multiple Firefox tabs are open, is there a way to rearrange the tabs on the taskbar?: I have Firefox1, Firefox2, Firefox3, Word1, Word2, Edge1, Edge2 open in my taskbar bar. How can I get it to be: Firefox2, Word1, Firefox1, Firefox3, Edge1, etc. Right now when I try to move one Firefox tab it moves all the Firefox tabs. submitted by /u/aangsbison...
  6. Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome: Greetings, I started having this problem around the time I installed the Windows 10 Home 1909 version, build 18363.535. Web browser tabs are opening without user input. e.g. if I'm working in Firefox, the tab I am in will open my home page. Seemingly, in Edge, a new...
  7. Firefox - Open in new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Open in new tab: Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new tab, like Chrome for example. But, you can drag/drop the dropdown choice to the New Tab "+" on the open tabs bar, and it will...
  8. Firefox vs. Firefox ESR Re: winver 10 pro

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs. Firefox ESR Re: winver 10 pro: So I am (reluctantly) using winver 10 pro 1709 so I don't really know if it is stretching the guidelines about asking about an application here though I am sure someone will let me know : ) Prior to December of last year I used almost exclusively Firefox since it seemed more...
  9. Firefox Keeps Re-enabling Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Keeps Re-enabling Bing: This is driving me crazy. I use Google exclusively. I had Firefox set up to use Google. I deleted every other search engine within Firefox. Now, in the past couple of days, every time I start Firefox, it defaults to Bing. It adds Bing and Amazon back to the list of search...
  10. W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon

in Browsers and Email
    W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon: Hello, lately I've been having an issue where Windows will open a separate tab for Firefox when i open it with the original pinned icon on my task bar.. I've tried opening firefox and unpinning the pinned shortcut and pinning the opened one and restarting firefox and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keeps reopening pages i closed shen i open firefox again