Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps resetting my apps

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps resetting my apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I'm having a problem with windows 10, it keeps resetting my default apps for watching videos and listening to music. I want Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EziaN, Mar 1, 2016.

1. EziaN Win User

Windows 10 keeps resetting my apps

Hi.

I'm having a problem with windows 10, it keeps resetting my default apps for watching videos and listening to music.

I want Windows Media PLayer to be my default app for all of these multimedia files but at least once a day a pop up informs me that there was a problem with one of my default apps and that it has been reset to default.

Is there anyway to disable Windows from taking this action?

:)

EziaN, Mar 1, 2016
  2. RajeshVP Win User

Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps

Facing same problem with Films & TV and groove Music. I have downloaded and configured PotPlayer and set the same as default app. But I regularly see Windows 10 resetting my default apps for no reason. Its really irritating. If I open default apps, then
    it resets too many other files. Really wrong implementation in windows 10.

RajeshVP, Mar 1, 2016
  3. Mike-77 Win User
    Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps

The problem continues.

It appears to be unfixable.

I guess it's time to give up.

Mike-77, Mar 1, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

I get the same on one machine, including various different image files (I want to use Windows Photo Viewer, and not the slow and functionally crippled Photos app, and have edited the registry as per the Tenforums tutorial) and .PDF files, where my viewer of choice is Foxit Reader, and not the very limited viewer in Edge. Every so often a single filetype is switched back to Microsoft's choice, with a toast popup from notifications :

Windows 10 keeps resetting my apps [​IMG]

I feel just like Mr Incredible:

No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!

Fafhrd, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps resetting my apps - Similar Threads - keeps resetting apps

2. how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps: how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-windows-10-pc-and-keep-files-and-apps/6975662c-1bef-4d2a-91c4-3516cabdec16
  3. how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps: how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-windows-10-pc-and-keep-files-and-apps/6975662c-1bef-4d2a-91c4-3516cabdec16
  4. how to reset windows 10 pc and keep files and apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. App volume keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App volume keeps resetting: When I'm in a discord call, the app volume of everthing goes to 0 every time someone talks. I figured out that I had to go to Sound contorl panel-Communications-do nothing but it's still resetting every time someone talks. (yes, I did click apply when I changed the setting)...
  6. Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update

Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update: A few days ago I did a Windows 10 update on my DELL laptop. When trying to login after the update I could not although I was typing the right password showing the message “user profile can not be loaded”. After solving this problem, I noticed that this update had removed...
  7. Default Apps Keep Resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Apps Keep Resetting: Hi All This is driving me mental. I have the latest, updated, version of Windows 10 and am on a new i7 with 32GB RAM etc. I keep changing my default apps in Window 10 and they keep getting reset… here are some of the examples: .pdf from IE to Acrobat .html from IE to...
  8. Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps

Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps: Before I factory reset my windows 10 OS, can I back up my downloaded apps to an external hard drive without having to purchase an expensive program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reset-and-keep-my-apps/b4d06038-6ba2-496e-802c-adebc17017d7
  9. Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps: At least once a week, I have to manually reset the default apps for Photos, Video, and PDF files. The keep getting reset to 'none'. It is not that they are being hijacked by a microsoft app, but rather they just lose the setting altogether. I do not use Edge at all, though...
  10. Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps: Hello, I'm a IT support technician in a group where we have several hundred of machines with windows 10 1709 Installed (16299.492). I have a problem with a few of them (not all) : Everytime we restart the PC, windows decides to revert the defaults app to default, IE .pdf...