Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps resetting my desktop back to default.

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps resetting my desktop back to default. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay wanting to find a fix for this. I have windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.418) I shut down my pc when I turn it back on it says "preparing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Burncity1901, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 keeps resetting my desktop back to default.

Okay wanting to find a fix for this.

I have windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.418)

I shut down my pc when I turn it back on it says "preparing windows" then when its done and all that its removed my background, removed apps that ive installed and moves the icons back to where they are defaulted to. I'm over this and I need help to fix this please.

submitted by /u/Burncity1901
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Burncity1901, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 keeps resetting my Default Programs for .wav and internet.

Hi Carey,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know how did you set the .wav files default to Windows Media Player?
    Please elaborate the steps.

For now let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

• On the Windows search bar type default program and select
      Default Program.

• Click on Default app and click on
      Choose default app by file type.

• Locate for the .wav, click next to it and select
      Windows media player.

If the issue still persist, if might be possible that the user account is corrupt. I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue still persist. Visit the below link to create new user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 keeps resetting my desktop back to default.

How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Windows 10 keeps resetting my desktop back to default. ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps resetting my desktop back to default.

1. Windows 10 keeps resetting my desktop back to default. - Similar Threads - keeps resetting desktop

2. Does Reset "Keep my Files" Restore my registry keys back to default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Reset "Keep my Files" Restore my registry keys back to default?: It feels like there is something sus in my registry keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-reset-keep-my-files-restore-my-registry-keys/567f4ec0-8723-41a1-9172-c61d2e97cc3d
  3. Does Reset "Keep my Files" Restore my registry keys back to default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Reset "Keep my Files" Restore my registry keys back to default?: It feels like there is something sus in my registry keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-reset-keep-my-files-restore-my-registry-keys/567f4ec0-8723-41a1-9172-c61d2e97cc3d
  4. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  5. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  6. Reset keyboard back to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset keyboard back to default: I have a HP2020 laptop running Windows 10. My keyboard shortcut keys don't work properly, i.e. when I press the Windows Icon + various keys, nothing happens. How can I reset my keyboard back to the factory default ?...
  7. Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults: Hello! Specs: Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Version: 1809 Language: JA So, I am working with a Japanese language system, and settings such as the privacy settings, lock screen settings etc. keep resetting EVERY FEW HOURS! I am completely baffled by this behavior and...
  8. A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default

A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default: There is a Service where I need the Log On property changed to "Local System account" with the allow service to interact with desktop checked. This is required for a program that needs to be run that connects to an external device. After some time it changes back to the...
  9. Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps

Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps: At least once a week, I have to manually reset the default apps for Photos, Video, and PDF files. The keep getting reset to 'none'. It is not that they are being hijacked by a microsoft app, but rather they just lose the setting altogether. I do not use Edge at all, though...
  10. Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps

Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps: Hello, I'm a IT support technician in a group where we have several hundred of machines with windows 10 1709 Installed (16299.492). I have a problem with a few of them (not all) : Everytime we restart the PC, windows decides to revert the defaults app to default, IE .pdf...