Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps restarting when I shutdown, something to do with WPN?

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps restarting when I shutdown, something to do with WPN? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I need help with my new laptop. I have an ASUS ROG GL503GE Strix laptop that I bought last month but I've been having some issues. Namely, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by soulannihilator, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 keeps restarting when I shutdown, something to do with WPN?

Hi all, I need help with my new laptop. I have an ASUS ROG GL503GE Strix laptop that I bought last month but I've been having some issues. Namely, when I shutdown, it keeps restarting instead, without displaying the Republic of Gamers logo. The only workaround that I found so far is to click Restart instead of Shut Down, in which it will display the ROG logo and proceed to restarting Windows normally, then I can shut down my laptop normally from there.

The only unusual log I've seen in Event Viewer is this:

"The Windows Push Notifications User Service_16bcf2 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 5 time(s)."

If you need further information, please let me know.

:)

soulannihilator, Sep 9, 2018
  2. little cat, Sep 9, 2018
  3. grandekid Win User
    Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Sep 9, 2018
  4. StefanM Win User

Windows 10 keeps restarting when I shutdown, something to do with WPN?

Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

When you say "force shutdown" you mean you hit the power button?

Try from a CLI:
    shutdown.exe /force

StefanM, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps restarting when I shutdown, something to do with WPN?

1. Windows 10 keeps restarting when I shutdown, something to do with WPN? - Similar Threads - keeps restarting shutdown

2. Windows keep restarting after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep restarting after shutdown.: I have a Dell laptop that keeps restarting after shutdown. When booting into safe mode it shuts down normally, which makes me think it is a driver issue, however after booting into normal mode and disabling most of the drivers that I can disable, the problem persists, can...
  3. Windows keep restarting after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keep restarting after shutdown.: I have a Dell laptop that keeps restarting after shutdown. When booting into safe mode it shuts down normally, which makes me think it is a driver issue, however after booting into normal mode and disabling most of the drivers that I can disable, the problem persists, can...
  4. Windows keep restarting after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows restarts when I shutdown: hello last summer it happened the 1st time. when I want to shutdown my laptop with Windows 10 all updates done regularly, it restarts. over and over. it drives me crazy.I searched on google and tried all the solutions, it worked for 1-2 months, after that, it starts again. so...
  6. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows restarts when I shutdown: hello last summer it happened the 1st time. when I want to shutdown my laptop with Windows 10 all updates done regularly, it restarts. over and over. it drives me crazy.I searched on google and tried all the solutions, it worked for 1-2 months, after that, it starts again. so...
  7. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC restarts when I shutdown: I have an issue on my laptop that when I shutting down my laptop It restart by itself. It starts shutdown very normally then opens again so I cannot close my laptop except when I only holding the power button until it force shutdown....
  9. Pc keeps restarting then updating when shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc keeps restarting then updating when shutdown: Hi I'm not that tech savvy but recently I been having a issue with my windows 10 pc. Before when there were updates I would keep shutting down my pc WITHOUT updating till it finally said shutown and update and I had no choice but now everytime I have a update and go to...
  10. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows restarts when I shutdown: OS: Windows 10 1709 CPU: Ryzen 2700x, stock MB: ASUS ROG B350-I, with most recent BIOS The issue is that when I click "Shutdown", my computer restarts instead of shutting down. I have tried disabling "fast startup", and "automatic restart" upon system failure, updated all...