Windows 10: windows 10 keeps reverting back to S mode and then refuses to switch back to home version

Discus and support windows 10 keeps reverting back to S mode and then refuses to switch back to home version in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; every time bios or any other update happens windows reverts to s mode and i'm sick of it. the worst thing is getting it back to home mode is big a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by IvanStrižić, Nov 12, 2021.

1. windows 10 keeps reverting back to S mode and then refuses to switch back to home version

every time bios or any other update happens windows reverts to s mode and i'm sick of it. the worst thing is getting it back to home mode is big a hassle and a lot of time it gets stuck on "working on it" and i have to reinstall whole windows to get it working.

:)

IvanStrižić, Nov 12, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows keeps reverting back to previous version.

Hi Josh,

The issue with Windows 10 update reverting back to previous version could be due to corruption in Windows Update component files.

We would like to ask some information to better assist you with your concern:

• Which previous build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

We suggest that you try to run
    Windows update troubleshooter
    and check if it works.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Nov 12, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 12, 2021
  4. windows 10 keeps reverting back to S mode and then refuses to switch back to home version

Can't switch out from Windows 10 S mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to switch from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 home/Pro Version. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the error message you are getting?
    • Are you using a school/university account to sign in to the Microsoft store
    • Are you connected to a domain/organization network?

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching
    out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode. Please refer the below article:

Switching out of S mode in Windows 10

Windows 10 in S mode FAQ

Meanwhile you can perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Try resetting the Microsoft Store and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘wsreset’ and hit enter.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Sign out, and sign in again to the Microsoft Store and check if you are able to Switch out of S mode.

1. Open Microsoft Store, click on the profile icon and select
      Sign out.
    2. Now, click on the profile icon again and select
      sign in
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 12, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 keeps reverting back to S mode and then refuses to switch back to home version

1. windows 10 keeps reverting back to S mode and then refuses to switch back to home version - Similar Threads - keeps reverting mode

2. How to switch back to Windows S Mode

in Windows 10 News
    How to switch back to Windows S Mode: [IMG]This post will show you how to switch back to Windows S Mode in Windows 11/10. If you had earlier switched out of S mode in Windows 11/10 and are looking for a way to switch back, then you will have to edit the Windows Registry. This process was irreversible earlier. But...
  3. Windows 11 reverted back to s mode after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reverted back to s mode after reset: Hello, my computer has somehow reverted back to s mode after a reset. I'm using windows 11. I've tried using some of the command suggestions, windows keeps blocking them saying that needs to be installed. Windows store is not installed either. Software version states s mode....
  4. windows 10 keeps reverting back to S mode and then refuses to switch back to home version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 keeps reverting back to S mode and then refuses to switch back to home version: every time bios or any other update happens windows reverts to s mode and i'm sick of it. the worst thing is getting it back to home mode is big a hassle and a lot of time it gets stuck on "working on it" and i have to reinstall whole windows to get it working....
  5. windows 10 keeps reverting back to S mode and then refuses to switch back to home version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 keeps reverting back to S mode and then refuses to switch back to home version: every time bios or any other update happens windows reverts to s mode and i'm sick of it. the worst thing is getting it back to home mode is big a hassle and a lot of time it gets stuck on "working on it" and i have to reinstall whole windows to get it working....
  6. How to Switch back to S mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Switch back to S mode?: How do I switch back into Smode? [Original Title: Smode] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-back-to-s-mode/52a70ab7-eb77-4b42-936c-2fd40f77c559
  7. Reverted back to s mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverted back to s mode: I switched from windows 10 s mode to windows 10 home. Installed new software Libre Office and it worked ok. Now since trying to update AMD graphics software the windows version has reverted to s mode and I can't use my other software or install from AMD. I have tried to...
  8. Reverted back to S-Mode

Reverted back to S-Mode: Bought a new computer since my old one is dying now I am limited on the use of my new one. I was able to get out of S-Mode to download required applications, then it did an automatic BIOS Upgrade and reverted back to S-Mode, now unable to be released from S-Mode! The MS Store...
  9. switch back in s mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    switch back in s mode: hello please I want to know how to switch back to s mode or know if with this mode my pc is exposed, venerable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-back-in-s-mode/53bda8e3-16d7-4f1c-abd3-c785f51405c4
  10. Windows Switched Back To S Mode and Can't Switch Out

Windows Switched Back To S Mode and Can't Switch Out: Crazy right? I got a laptop and first thing I did was switch out of S mode. Easy done it. Then a couple of days later, I wanted to use Mozilla but Windows said that is in S mode. Which is already strange because you can't revert back to S Mode but alas it says that Windows is...