Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps reverting to Pacific Time Zone. I live on the East Coast

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps reverting to Pacific Time Zone. I live on the East Coast in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having a reoccurring issue on two of my PCs running Windows 10. One is about a year old and started having the issue, the other is new as of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jluchristt, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps reverting to Pacific Time Zone. I live on the East Coast

I am having a reoccurring issue on two of my PCs running Windows 10. One is about a year old and started having the issue, the other is new as of a month ago and has always had the issue. The third and forth PCs in my household, which also runs Windows 10, are not experiencing the same problem, nor is a Mac Book Pro that I am using.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Windows 10 on the two problematic PCs keeps reverting to the Pacific Time Zone. I've done the following:

• In Date and Time settings I toggled off set time automatically and set time zone automatically and then specifically set time.
      • Worked for short period about 30 minutes, then reset to Pacific Time.
    • I toggled back on the settings and tried syncing. Every sync reverted to Pacific Time Zone time.
    • I went into the Services App and updated the Windows Time to Automatic, applied/saved and restarted with no change. Updated to Automatic Delayed Start, applied/saved and restarted with no change.
    • Used the "run" feature, type in "timedate.cpl" then click on "internet time," then "change settings." I tried setting this on time.windows.com and restarting then did it to time.nist.gov and tried restarting. Both did not update the time zone.
    • Also in the "timedate.cpl" I tried to on the "change time zone" button I was met with a message saying "you do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact your computer administrator for help." However, I am running ""timedate.cpl"" in administrator mode; moreover, am the only user account and when I checked my user permissions I am the administrator.
    • Ran command prompt as administrator. Type in "regsvr32 w3time.dll" got a message that "regsvr32 w3time.dll failed to load."
    • I tried updating my location in the Windows location app, including updating the default location.
    • I saw online a response online about checking your motherboard's battery; however, since this is happening on two of my machines, both of which are less than a year old, I find this to be highly improbable.

Any suggestions? Also, if anyone knows if Microsoft offers technical support telephone or chat for new PC purchases without having to pay them to fix a software issue for an out-of-box computer, that'd be appreciated. I find it odd that I purchase a new machine, with new software and have to pay additional technical support fees just to get it running properly.

:)

jluchristt, Jul 19, 2020
  2. PaulPChou Win User

New lenovo laptop says that I am located in Switzerland, but I live on the East Coast of the US

When your device was setup, was the time-zone set up correctly? You need to change the time-zone to the East Coast. Worst case is to reinstall Win.

PaulPChou, Jul 19, 2020
  3. WV EMT Win User
    Time zone issues

I recently started having problems with my Windows Phone, running Windows mobile 6.5, I own a HTC touch pro 2 via US cellular. For some reason the time for my location is stuck on GMT even though I live on the East coast.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

WV EMT, Jul 19, 2020
  4. skip3119 Win User

Windows 10 keeps reverting to Pacific Time Zone. I live on the East Coast

How to set the time zone to US Eastern? (After clean install of Windows 10)

In the drop-down window, I don't see US Eastern is listed.

I live on East Coast. I need to change it to "US Eastern".

After a clean install of Windows 10, I am unable to set the Time Zone to US Eastern.

Thanks.

skip3119, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps reverting to Pacific Time Zone. I live on the East Coast

1. Windows 10 keeps reverting to Pacific Time Zone. I live on the East Coast - Similar Threads - keeps reverting Pacific

2. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-time-zone-keeps-switching-to-pacific-from/4387784e-0d89-4e19-b441-682e59a70dc0
  3. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-time-zone-keeps-switching-to-pacific-from/4387784e-0d89-4e19-b441-682e59a70dc0
  4. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  6. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  7. time keeps changing to pacific time.

time keeps changing to pacific time.: I live in australia and my clock keeps changing to Pacific time, US and Canada. It doesn't let me change it even if I try. syncing does nothing. Please help!...
  8. Joy Stick Thrustmaster T1600M will not work on East Coast Tour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Joy Stick Thrustmaster T1600M will not work on East Coast Tour: My Thrustmaster T1600M will not work on East Coast Tour, or free flight? It works perfect for most everything else tried so far, is there an error, or setting I am missing? Thank you....
  9. Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual

Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual: I saw other posts discussing this issue, but was unable to find an appropriate resolution. I recently reloaded Windows 10 on this system yesterday. It is set to obtain the time automatically, but set time zone manually. I am unable to set the time zone to UTC-06:00 Central...
  10. Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Time zone resets to Pacific automatically: I am unable to change my time zone via the Windows Settings tool. Every time I select the dropdown window for changing the time zone, it opens and allows me to select my new time zone, but does not update or change anything. I am able to manually modify my time but not my...