Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps Selecting/Moving by itself

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps Selecting/Moving by itself in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my current problem is that everytime I right click or leftclick on an option the selected area moves by its own or selects something else,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by K.Herrmann27, May 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 keeps Selecting/Moving by itself

Hello,

my current problem is that everytime I right click or leftclick on an option the selected area moves by its own or selects something else, making me unable to click anything. It only happens within windows, not within seperate programs. The Mouse and keyboard are both fine, the issue also happens when both are unplugged. Virus Scans were negative.

I included some gifs about this phenomen because it is very hard to describe

I only clicked on it once

https://gyazo.com/3102cf12e30384d0582c54929a221f1e

only right clicked once

https://gyazo.com/9bf178054d31a3d1d93b073e6753916f

cant type anything here because windows keeps moving the selection away from the textbox

https://gyazo.com/d7c8171581e3715f10f8d7b0fdb52ab1

cant select anything because the selection keeps moving

https://gyazo.com/1aca02ac7a51d81e4a5fb649286cd867

I can rightclick and use textboxes etc normally within my browser or applications like discord, it only happens within windows.

:)

K.Herrmann27, May 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 13, 2019
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, May 13, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 keeps Selecting/Moving by itself

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps Selecting/Moving by itself

1. Windows 10 keeps Selecting/Moving by itself - Similar Threads - keeps Selecting Moving

2. Windows services selection moving by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows services selection moving by itself: So I have looked far and wide, and only very few seem to have a similar issue, but mostly those came to faulty hardware.My issue is:This is exclusive to windows items such as: Start menu, setting menu, notifications, "apply or revert screen resolution" etc.The selection...
  3. Windows services selection moving by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows services selection moving by itself: So I have looked far and wide, and only very few seem to have a similar issue, but mostly those came to faulty hardware.My issue is:This is exclusive to windows items such as: Start menu, setting menu, notifications, "apply or revert screen resolution" etc.The selection...
  4. Windows services selection moving by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?: As an example, I'm trying to type the word "Test" into an Excel cell, but it automatically gets de-selected so I have to click into the cell again to continue typing until it happens again. I noticed if I just stop, the cell selects and de-selects repeatedly by itself. It's...
  6. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?: As an example, I'm trying to type the word "Test" into an Excel cell, but it automatically gets de-selected so I have to click into the cell again to continue typing until it happens again. I noticed if I just stop, the cell selects and de-selects repeatedly by itself. It's...
  7. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 selection keeps moving to the right

Windows 10 selection keeps moving to the right: Hello, All of a sudden this problem just started and I have no idea why. It only happens when I'm using windows apps; Discord, Google Chrome etc. work perfectly fine. I unplugged both my mouse and keyboard and it still happens, no random key presses or anything. I'm really...
  9. Selection keeps moving to the right on it's own.

Selection keeps moving to the right on it's own.: This problem started just a couple days ago and it only happens in Windows programs and none of the downloadable applications like Spotify, Discord, or Steam. Whenever I type in the search bar it deselects while I'm typing and when I try to navigate the start menu the...
  10. Synaptics Touchpad stops working or keeps moving itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics Touchpad stops working or keeps moving itself: I am using Windows 10 version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413) on HP Notebook 1000. And just for reference I have encountered this issue in previous versions of Windows 10 as well. Every time I clean install Windows 10 and update to install drivers, it will work fine for about 1-2...