Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps showing Pacific Time, but I've moved to CDT...

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps showing Pacific Time, but I've moved to CDT... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I moved from CA to TX. Windows 10 keeps showing Pacific Time, but I'm now in CDT. My settings are on Automatic, my Maps default location is set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ernest M.Kestone, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Windows 10 keeps showing Pacific Time, but I've moved to CDT...

Hi. I moved from CA to TX. Windows 10 keeps showing Pacific Time, but I'm now in CDT. My settings are on Automatic, my Maps default location is set correctly. I restarted twice. Still wrong...

:)

Ernest M.Kestone, Jul 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 Time Zone tool?

Tested this once again and did exactly what the steps from above. After booting into Windows it did change to UTC from the list of time zones from the date and time properties.

The actual time however was still Pacific Time. But when I connected to the internet now the clock shows UTC.

I did a command SYSTEMINFO and under Original Install Date it still has the Pacific Time.

So yes, I can confirm that to show the exact correct time you need to connect to the internet or else it will not work. The only changes that do work when not connected is that the correct Time Zone setting (UTC) appeared on the date/time properties after doing the TZUTIL command during install. But the actual time was still reflected on Pacific Time.

win10freak, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Windows 10 always resets my Time

My guess is one of them isn't/is counting Daylight Savings Time (CST versus CDT). It's easier to get that wrong in Linux than Windows.

How many hours off are we talking? Windows defaults to Pacific. (-8 GMT)

FordGT90Concept, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 keeps showing Pacific Time, but I've moved to CDT...

Delta6326, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps showing Pacific Time, but I've moved to CDT...

1. Windows 10 keeps showing Pacific Time, but I've moved to CDT... - Similar Threads - keeps showing Pacific

2. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-time-zone-keeps-switching-to-pacific-from/4387784e-0d89-4e19-b441-682e59a70dc0
  3. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  4. time keeps changing to pacific time.

time keeps changing to pacific time.: I live in australia and my clock keeps changing to Pacific time, US and Canada. It doesn't let me change it even if I try. syncing does nothing. Please help!...
  5. Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual

Windows 10 time zone keeps resetting to Pacific Time when set to manual: I saw other posts discussing this issue, but was unable to find an appropriate resolution. I recently reloaded Windows 10 on this system yesterday. It is set to obtain the time automatically, but set time zone manually. I am unable to set the time zone to UTC-06:00 Central...
  6. PC Stuck on Pacific Time

PC Stuck on Pacific Time: My Windows 10 PC is stuck on Pacific Time UTC -08:00, however, I am in Southeast Asia UTC +07:00. When "Set Timezone Automatically" is turned on it goes to Pacific Time. When I try to change my timezone manually in the settings menu, it will say I am on Southeast Asia Time,...
  7. Windows 10 keeps reverting to Pacific Time Zone. I live on the East Coast

Windows 10 keeps reverting to Pacific Time Zone. I live on the East Coast: I am having a reoccurring issue on two of my PCs running Windows 10. One is about a year old and started having the issue, the other is new as of a month ago and has always had the issue. The third and forth PCs in my household, which also runs Windows 10, are not...
  8. Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Time zone resets to Pacific automatically: I am unable to change my time zone via the Windows Settings tool. Every time I select the dropdown window for changing the time zone, it opens and allows me to select my new time zone, but does not update or change anything. I am able to manually modify my time but not my...
  9. Timezone on Windows keeps resetting to Pacific time.

Timezone on Windows keeps resetting to Pacific time.: When I first built this computer, I realized the time wasn't set correctly so I went into settings to fix it. I saw that the timezone was set to pacific time although I'm in central time. I tried changing the timezone, but nothing changed. I tried some other things in...
  10. Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time

Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time: I have a Windows 10 PC. Every time I reboot it, it automatically resets to Pacific Time. I am Central Time. Even when I manually change the time zone to Central, and close out the settings window, it automatically changes. EVen when I manually change the time zone, then reset...