Windows 10: windows 10 keeps shutting down as soon as i log in

Discus and support windows 10 keeps shutting down as soon as i log in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had plugged in a hard drive from my old computer and after moving some files over to format the disk my pc shut down and since then, every time I log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brandoplayz, Dec 8, 2019.

1. windows 10 keeps shutting down as soon as i log in

I had plugged in a hard drive from my old computer and after moving some files over to format the disk my pc shut down and since then, every time I log into my pc after normal boot (boot takes longer than usual now) an empty cmd prompt comes up from the sys32 directory for a few seconds and then my windows shuts down, being logged on for less than 30 seconds. but when I boot into safe mode my pc works as normal without shutdown? I tried turning off all startup programs and had no change, tried enabling selective start, no luck. tried removing the files that were moved onto my pc when the shutdown problem started, nothing, tried to reset windows 10 while keeping my personal files, gave me the "windows could not reset and no changes have been made" tried to reset and delete EVERYTHING and got the same error as the first reset attempt. I have even scoured my bios with no luck finding a reset/wipe option.

I am completely stumped at this point as the suspected malicious files have been removed (maybe?) and I had tried everything to make my pc boot fresh but to no avail. my pc is relatively dust free so it shouldn't be a hardware shutdown.

specs - AMD A6 3650 APU 2.6GhZ - 8GB RAM unsure of motherboard and power supply.

if anyone has any suggestions or knows of any fixes pls help

:)

brandoplayz, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

windows 10 keeps shutting down as soon as i log in

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 keeps shutting down as soon as i log in

1. windows 10 keeps shutting down as soon as i log in - Similar Threads - keeps shutting down

2. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots: Hi everyone,I've got an ASUS Vivobook running Windows 10 acting in a way I've never seen before and it just started out of the blue. As soon as it finishes booting it skips right to the login screen and says "Restarting..." and spins infinitely until I push not hold the power...
  3. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots: Hi everyone,I've got an ASUS Vivobook running Windows 10 acting in a way I've never seen before and it just started out of the blue. As soon as it finishes booting it skips right to the login screen and says "Restarting..." and spins infinitely until I push not hold the power...
  4. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.: My pc asked to update, so I did. I came back to it after about an hour and found nothing but a black screen. After trying to wake it up with both keyboard and mouse I shut it off by holding the power button. Turned it back on and found the same black screen. Repeated process...
  6. PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.: My pc asked to update, so I did. I came back to it after about an hour and found nothing but a black screen. After trying to wake it up with both keyboard and mouse I shut it off by holding the power button. Turned it back on and found the same black screen. Repeated process...
  7. PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

8. As soon as I login windows encounters an error and shuts down

As soon as I login windows encounters an error and shuts down: My laptop a Lenovo thk kpadwith 166gb internal SSD hard disk. Encounters a problem and shuts down After a minute https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-soon-as-i-login-windows-encounters-an-error-and/769d896f-586f-4c60-8a15-2bfbc3abc149
  9. Windows 10 keeps shutting down

Windows 10 keeps shutting down: Windows keep shutting down was unable to do the recent update when it started shutting down every few minutes. Tried doing other suggestions. Still shutting down thanks any help I can get. Dan...
  10. windows keeps shutting down

windows keeps shutting down: I will be right in the middle of reading some news or something and all of a sudden I get a screen that says Microsoft has encountered a problem and will have to restart. My screen goes black but it never restarts on its own. I have to manually power off and wait 30 seconds...