Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps staying stuck on searching for updates

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps staying stuck on searching for updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It hasn't updated since may so I decided to check. It somehow keeps searching for updates and the wait 7 day option is also on but if I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-Kreatif, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps staying stuck on searching for updates

It hasn't updated since may so I decided to check. It somehow keeps searching for updates and the wait 7 day option is also on but if I click on advanced settings everything just freezes.

Anyone that knows what I can do about this?

submitted by /u/-Kreatif
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-Kreatif, Jul 14, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jul 14, 2020
  3. FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Thanks for this and your step by step. My search for updates only took 10 minutes after your guide.

Spaceman Spiff, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 keeps staying stuck on searching for updates

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps staying stuck on searching for updates

1. Windows 10 keeps staying stuck on searching for updates - Similar Threads - keeps staying stuck

2. Windows update page stuck searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update page stuck searching: Hey gang, So I just updated to Windows 10 20H2. After the restart. I went to check for any updates it just says Please wait... and seems stuck. I rebooted 3 times. and still doing it. And on top of that I hit the pause updates. Is there a way to fix it without formatting?...
  3. Stuck on "Searching for updates" after update to 19042.572

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on "Searching for updates" after update to 19042.572: Hey, already posted in the mega thread, but I would like to get this sorted pretty soon. What I did was basically update to build 19042.572, everything worked fine, now after the reboot I wanted to check for updates again and the search takes forever. What I did so far: -...
  4. windows search web search results stay after closing windows search

windows search web search results stay after closing windows search: [ATTACH] accidentally typed zoo in my windows search, now it shows these search results and they wont go away even after closing the search box multiple times help submitted by /u/GalacticUser25 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows keeps staying on high RAM

Windows keeps staying on high RAM: My computer recently crashed since I tried to screenshot something in a game. With every program (things like discord, steam, chrome, etc...) it still stays on 10gb (I have 2x8 2900MHz). I ran rammap and it's 9gb now. Does anyone know the solution? submitted by /u/bruhmehzy...
  6. My windows 10 update 1903 keeps getting stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 update 1903 keeps getting stuck: on the windows update window, i left it on Status: Installing - 90% for about 8 hours. Now it's Status: Installing - 92% is this normal? the fact that 2% needs about 8 hours to be installed are.... long. Question #1: Is it normal that the update took so long to be...
  7. Windows 10 Keeps shutting down and now stays stuck loading at sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Keeps shutting down and now stays stuck loading at sign-in screen.: It might've been because I downloaded something on it, but my Windows 10 keep shutting down and it won't let me sign-in without staying stuck loading. I really need help....
  8. This Update Keeps staying at 0% then fails to update?

This Update Keeps staying at 0% then fails to update?: [IMG] submitted by /u/CoolSarn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ertc8r/this_update_keeps_staying_at_0_then_fails_to/
  9. Search window stuck

in Cortana
    Search window stuck: Hi. See the attached: [ATTACH] This search window stuck and returns nothing on any query. I don't know why it's stuck from yesterday. I didn't do anything special. Please help Thanks...
  10. Install stuck at searching for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install stuck at searching for updates: Installing Windows 10 directly on this pc from media creation tool. When it gets to 'searching for updates' it gets stuck a 0%. Any thoughts? Thanks!! 13749