Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps swithcing back the default picture app to paint

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps swithcing back the default picture app to paint in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows10 keeps setting back the default app to open e.g. jpg files to paint, which I don't want. I would like to use the "Photos" app,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jan-H., Dec 1, 2020.

1. Jan-H. Win User

Windows 10 keeps swithcing back the default picture app to paint

Hi,

My Windows10 keeps setting back the default app to open e.g. jpg files to paint, which I don't want.

I would like to use the "Photos" app, which btw Windows also says to be the recommended one.

I already repeatedly set the default app to "Photos", as described e.g. here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/pictures-opening-in-ms-paint-in-windows-10/5f964eb7-9172-48f3-b669-0bcc8d0af441

but the issue always comes back after a while. Not sure, if it comes back after a restart, but it might be possible.

How can this be solved?

Thank you

:)

Jan-H., Dec 1, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 keeps swithcing back the default picture app to paint

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps swithcing back the default picture app to paint

1. Windows 10 keeps swithcing back the default picture app to paint - Similar Threads - keeps swithcing default

2. Paint default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint default: Paint began defaulting to the file tab instead of the home tab. How to reset back to Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-default/284ac7fb-a8d5-4786-afe8-81da0950cef3
  3. WINDOWS DEFAULT APP FOR PICTURES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS DEFAULT APP FOR PICTURES: WINDOWS 10 RECOMMENDATION FOR PICTURE VIEWING IS THE "PHOTO APP" INSTEAD OF THE PREVIOUSLY DEFAULT PHOTO GALLERY APP WHICH WAS MUCH BETTER IN MY OPINION. THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING WITH THE PHOTO APP IS THAT WHEN I CLICK ON A PICTURE IN PICTURE FOLDER IT TAKES ANYWHERE FROM 10 TO...
  4. Windows 10 delete pictures keep coming back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 delete pictures keep coming back: When I delete pictures they come back to the My Pictures folder. I would appriciate it if people would start answering my questions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-delete-pictures-keep-coming-back/93609d61-2c86-43cc-a5c5-e0d73697a04e"
  5. Windows 10 keeps resetting my desktop back to default.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps resetting my desktop back to default.: Okay wanting to find a fix for this. I have windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.418) I shut down my pc when I turn it back on it says "preparing windows" then when its done and all that its removed my background, removed apps that ive installed and moves the icons back...
  6. Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps: At least once a week, I have to manually reset the default apps for Photos, Video, and PDF files. The keep getting reset to 'none'. It is not that they are being hijacked by a microsoft app, but rather they just lose the setting altogether. I do not use Edge at all, though...
  7. swithcing printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    swithcing printers: new to windows 10 have questions about switching back & forth fro prin 121202
  8. Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps: Hello, I'm a IT support technician in a group where we have several hundred of machines with windows 10 1709 Installed (16299.492). I have a problem with a few of them (not all) : Everytime we restart the PC, windows decides to revert the defaults app to default, IE .pdf...
  9. Photos App Source Keeps Changing Back to Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Source Keeps Changing Back to Default: My default sources keep changing from the sources that I choose. Also, the photos app keeps recreating the pictures library in the C:\Users\UserHere directory even though I changed it over to another drive. I've also already tried uninstalling the photos app via Windows...
  10. Windows 10 Default Pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Default Pictures: I don't know if I'm the only one or not, but I find the default pictures of Windows 10 quite amazing. So amazing in fact, that I want to use them in various other places, like, for example, on my other Windows 7 PC. Does anybody know their location ? PS: I'm talking about...