Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps taking longer to log in each time?

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps taking longer to log in each time? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've had this problem for the past few months. It always booted up and logged in at perfect speeds when I just got the laptop new, but after a few... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mitch Vandercline, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keeps taking longer to log in each time?

I've had this problem for the past few months.

It always booted up and logged in at perfect speeds when I just got the laptop new, but after a few weeks it started taking longer to log in each time.

It now takes 1 and a half hours to just log in. It's been 1 hour and 24 minutes since I entered my pin to log in, and it's still logging in as I type this.

Who knows, next time it will not even boot up at all.

How do I fix this horrible game of patience?

:)

Mitch Vandercline, Jul 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 keeps taking longer to log in each time?

I've had this problem for the past few months.

It always booted up and logged in at perfect speeds when I just got the laptop new, but after a few weeks it started taking longer to log in each time.

It now takes 1 and a half hours to just log in. It's been 1 hour and 24 minutes since I entered my pin to log in, and it's still logging in as I type this.

Who knows, next time it will not even boot up at all.

How do I fix this horrible game of patience?

Mitch Vandercline, Jul 27, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 keeps taking longer to log in each time?

Hi Mitch

I did not really want you to go into Safe mode, that can happen if you log into Safe Mode without Networking and you use a Microsoft Account to log into Windows 10 . . .

Where are you at now, are you still locked out of your PC in Safe Mode, or is your PC taking its time logging into Windows normally?

DaveM121, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps taking longer to log in each time? - Similar Threads - keeps taking longer

2. Wifi Scanning takes longer time after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Scanning takes longer time after windows update.: Everything was good until 2023-08 Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057 update.After this update WiFi scanning takes longer to scan available networks. After long wait, what I get is this..This is not the only issue.As it takes long time to scan,...
  3. Windows system taking longer time for login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows system taking longer time for login: Hello,When employees are powering on the system after shutdown it's taking 4 Min 30 Sec to 5 Min to turn on the system.initially the bitlocker page comes after 1 Min 30 Sec. After Entering the bitlocker password the main windows login page take 2 Min 40 Sec. After entering...
  4. Windows system taking longer time for login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows system taking longer time for login: Hello,When employees are powering on the system after shutdown it's taking 4 Min 30 Sec to 5 Min to turn on the system.initially the bitlocker page comes after 1 Min 30 Sec. After Entering the bitlocker password the main windows login page take 2 Min 40 Sec. After entering...
  5. Windows system taking longer time for login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. windows 10 isn't restarting and taking longer time than usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 isn't restarting and taking longer time than usual: I restarted my windows 10 because I was unable to click on the start menu and when I did it's taking way longer than usual and even the screen has turned light green. Is the problem related to update coz I have not updated my windows 10 or is it because of something else?...
  7. Take longer time on welcome

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Take longer time on welcome: when I bought my laptop then it take roughly 10 sec to bootup and takes roughly 1sec in welcome screen but when I download some app and games from then my pc takes longer time on welcome screen roughly 5-10 sec. which is very annoying. I trIed every possible way, watch...
  8. Why Windows editor is taking longer and longer time in finishing the video?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows editor is taking longer and longer time in finishing the video?: I am using a video editor for finalizing the videos. It is taking longer and longer time to finish the video. Now it exceeds 1 hour for processing. What is the remedy?...
  9. Log on Each Time Booting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on Each Time Booting: I just purchased a new 17" HP with Windows 10... Each time I shut down and later want turn on the computer, I have to log on. How can I eliminate this requirement?...
  10. Windows Defender takes longer time to scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender takes longer time to scan: Hello! after the upgrade of windows 10, I tried to run a full scan, but it took 6 hours and it hasn't trepasses the 50% of the scan progress. in addition, I can't see what is being scanned like in the older version of Windows Defender; 90456