Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps trying to upgrade my Backup copy of Win7

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps trying to upgrade my Backup copy of Win7 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; From time to time I have booted into my Backup copy of Win7 that I cloned before upgrading to Win10. Every time I do this I notice that after about 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dlwmacgregor, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Windows 10 keeps trying to upgrade my Backup copy of Win7

From time to time I have booted into my Backup copy of Win7 that I cloned before upgrading to Win10.
    Every time I do this I notice that after about 15 minutes if I go into Windows Update and check what updates have been installed, I see that it tried a Win10 upgrade and failed.
    It doesn't download anything that I can see, it just tries the upgrade.
    Why does it keep trying to do this?
    I uninstalled KB3035583 and "hid" it. The Get windows 10 icon is gone

:)

dlwmacgregor, Aug 13, 2015

2. How do I delay Windows 10 installation?

This does NOT stop the constant attempts (and failures) to upgrade to Windows 10.

I kept a backup copy of Windows 7 before I upgraded and if I boot into that backup copy it keeps trying to upgrade to Windows 10 on that copy even though I have uninstalled KB3035583 and hidden it.

I check the backup copy periodically just in case I decide not to keep Windows 10.

Douglas MacGregor, Aug 13, 2015
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation_Windows 10

Thanks for the reply Rob.

I think I have the Product Key pasted underneath the cover.

I kinda tried to download a Win7 copy using it from Microsoft download but the site didnot authenticate my product key.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Because even if I find a solution , I have decided to keep a copy of Win7, as a backup.

My system came with Win7 Home . Although it cannot revert on its own ( I checked the recovery under Settings) , atleast I will have something to fall back to if everything fails.

Thanks again for your response.

Ashish9134, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps trying to upgrade my Backup copy of Win7

1. Windows 10 keeps trying to upgrade my Backup copy of Win7 - Similar Threads - keeps trying upgrade

2. I'm trying to upgrade my win7 ultimate to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm trying to upgrade my win7 ultimate to win10: I've been trying to update my Windows 7 to 10 for more than a day and when I click to run the update I get the error "0x80072F8F- 0x20000" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-upgrade-my-win7-ultimate-to-win10/6beb1419-dcb2-415e-8ef8-c975a551ae3c
  3. I'm trying to upgrade my win7 ultimate to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to upgrade my win7 ultimate to win10: I've been trying to update my Windows 7 to 10 for more than a day and when I click to run the update I get the error "0x80072F8F- 0x20000" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-upgrade-my-win7-ultimate-to-win10/6beb1419-dcb2-415e-8ef8-c975a551ae3c
  4. I'm trying to upgrade my win7 ultimate to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows backup and restore win7

Windows backup and restore win7: Hi, I have to restore all files from a backup to a new drive but I then realized that it also restore renamed/deleted files and folders. I can see that it make sense for someone that accidentally deleted something and want it restored but that makes the tool barely useless...
  6. Win7 to Win 10 Upgrade

Win7 to Win 10 Upgrade: I have had my desktop upgraded from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro. I cannot connect to the internet now. I use Satellite NBN. Also use a wireless router for the laptop. Laptop connects fine also running W10 I have direct connected to BB modem with ethernet cable shows...
  7. Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user: WIN 10 1909. I am using the Backup and Restore Windows 7 and whenever I do a Windows backup I get "Skipped Files" which are all subfolders of a user "Spare Admin" which I deleted. Why is that so? e\Even in DOS command prompt that user is not listed there. Where is Windows...
  8. Hey, I'm Trying to upgrade my Win7 to Win 10, and keep geting this errors

Hey, I'm Trying to upgrade my Win7 to Win 10, and keep geting this errors: Hey, I'm Trying to upgrade my Win7 to Win 10, and I keep geting this errors. Can someone help me to understand what I'm doing wrong? At the beginning of the installation it does shows me that have the needed system requirements. Thanks[ATTACH]...
  9. Win7 Backup Data Management

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win7 Backup Data Management: I continue to use the Win 7 User Data Backups even after I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. I do not use the File History Backups offered with Win 10. My question regards the datasets saved by the Win7 Backup procedure. I notice my backups include multiple dated Backup Sets...
  10. Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?

Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?: Hi, I have a dual boot set up - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on an SSD drive and Windows 8.1 on a second hard drive. I would like to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and keep the Windows 7 OS in tact. Is this possible? Can I just go through the upgrade process from...