Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps turning hover select on even though I am not enabling it?

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps turning hover select on even though I am not enabling it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It appears to be happening at random. I never turned it on. But it keeps reenabling. Anyone have any idea what causes this or have they encountered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/engineereddiscontent, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Windows 10 keeps turning hover select on even though I am not enabling it?

It appears to be happening at random.

I never turned it on. But it keeps reenabling. Anyone have any idea what causes this or have they encountered it?

Is it my mouse dying?

submitted by /u/engineereddiscontent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/engineereddiscontent, Sep 21, 2022
  2. cjkelly83 Win User

WIndows 10 Hover select delay

Hi thanks for this. the option is listed here in the old stye control panel but it is not listed in the same place in the modern style settings windows.

Now for the next part of my question, can the delay be changed for the switch between windows? I like hover select and want to keep it but the setting in control panel only lets me turn it on or off.

Is there something in the registry that needs changed? Or is there a simpler solution?

cjkelly83, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Compumind Win User
    How to turn off hover select on Win10/64

Have you followed the above tutorial? (Thanks @Brink.)

Could you not find the setting?

Instead, try this... Fix #1 - it works.

How to disable hover select in Windows 10 / 11

Please post back.

*Confused

Compumind, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Compumind Win User

Windows 10 keeps turning hover select on even though I am not enabling it?

Compumind, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps turning hover select on even though I am not enabling it?

1. Windows 10 keeps turning hover select on even though I am not enabling it? - Similar Threads - keeps turning hover

2. Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.: Hello, After receiving the updates 4-5 days ago, the start menu constantly opens and closes on our Asus FX505 series computers and some Lenovo devices, even though the Windows button is not pressed. We have created a temporary solution via Regedit that renders the start...
  3. Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Even though the Window Key is not physically pressed, it keeps turning off and on.: Hello, After receiving the updates 4-5 days ago, the start menu constantly opens and closes on our Asus FX505 series computers and some Lenovo devices, even though the Windows button is not pressed. We have created a temporary solution via Regedit that renders the start...
  4. I can't turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Defender even though I am the administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Defender even though I am the administrator: So, it's essentially what the subject says. Even though I am logged in as an administrator, it is not letting me enable tamper protection and says "This setting is managed by your administrator". I don't know why it's happening, I have tried restarting and signing in and out....
  5. I can't turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Defender even though I am the administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Defender even though I am the administrator: So, it's essentially what the subject says. Even though I am logged in as an administrator, it is not letting me enable tamper protection and says "This setting is managed by your administrator". I don't know why it's happening, I have tried restarting and signing in and out....
  6. I can't turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Defender even though I am the administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor's Audio Output Keeps Re-enabling Even Though I Disabled It: I have an Asus monitor that i use with my laptop. It has an VGA output but i use it with an hdmi adapter. My problem is;Everytime i open my laptop and connect my bluetooth earbuds, computer keeps switching between the monitor's audio outputIt doesn't actually have any...
  8. Hovering my cursor over an app does not show a minimized window, even though enable peek is on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hovering my cursor over an app does not show a minimized window, even though enable peek is on.: I have found different blogs about this and it worked for other people, but for me it doesn't work. The only solution was to ask somebody since I couldn't find anything relating to this, or at least of help. submitted by /u/BigGay407 [link] [comments]...
  9. Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled: Hey guys, so my computer has run into its first major issue and that is that the indexing feature is no longer working and I can't use the Windows search bar to search for anything anymore *Sad I looked at the "Indexing Options" but I can't even see any folders in there and...
  10. Turn On or Off Hover to Select Desktops in Task View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Hover to Select Desktops in Task View in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Hover to Select Desktops in Task View in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hover to Select Virtual Desktops in Task View in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps...