Windows 10: Windows 10 Key "Activated by Organisation is about to expire"

Discus and support Windows 10 Key "Activated by Organisation is about to expire" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad 370) about a year and a bit (november i think) and now a message it popping up saying that my windows 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/misosoup38282, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Key "Activated by Organisation is about to expire"

I bought a new laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad 370) about a year and a bit (november i think) and now a message it popping up saying that my windows 10 pro license will expire soon as it was registered through an organisation. i am guessing i have to update my product key, but i cant find it anymore because i no longer have the box that the computer came in. I just dont understand how i could be using my computer with windows 10 pro, if i never used the product key. Why would it say that "Windows 10 is activated by your organisations activation service"- What organisation??

submitted by /u/misosoup38282
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/misosoup38282, Feb 12, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 12, 2020
  3. FernNZ Win User
    Windows 10 expiring activation problem

I have a pop up message appearing on the screen saying the licence will expire 15 August, need to activate Windows in Settings. Contact admin to get product key.
    When I go to Settings it says Windows is activated and Product ID as well as Product Key is listed.
    I have tried all suggestions from the Microsoft forum to no avail.
    I am now wondering if the technician who installed Windows 10Pro, installed the wrong programme.
    I believe that the previous Windows in the laptop was Windows 8.1 home.
    Could this be the problem.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

FernNZ, Feb 12, 2020
  4. EveN.O. Win User

Windows 10 Key "Activated by Organisation is about to expire"

Windows 10 Pro activation (connect to organisation)

After my windows 10 automatically updated I received the msg "your windows license will expire soon you need to activate windows in settings" then when I go to settings it shows in activation " windows is activated using an organisation's activation service"

I tried using my key in the window that shows after clicking "update product key" but it gave me this msg:

" we can not activate windows on this device since we cant connect to your organisation's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organisation's network and try again. If you continue to have problems with activation connect to your organisation's
    support person.(0xc004f074).

What is my organisation? and what do I do?

EveN.O., Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Key "Activated by Organisation is about to expire"

1. Windows 10 Key "Activated by Organisation is about to expire" - Similar Threads - Key Activated Organisation

2. windows 10 license is about to expire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 license is about to expire: Been facing this issue windows 10 license is about to expire & unable to resolve it !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license-is-about-to-expire/7e161855-4934-4ec9-b5d6-c8b85db45a39
  3. windows 10 about to expire

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 about to expire: I bought a gaming pc lightly used a week or two ago and it was working fine until a couple of days ago it keeps saying that Windows 10 is about to expire enter activation key. I'm pretty sure it came with windows 10 pre-installed too. I'm not sure how to get the activation...
  4. windows 10 about to expire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 about to expire: I bought a gaming pc lightly used a week or two ago and it was working fine until a couple of days ago it keeps saying that Windows 10 is about to expire enter activation key. I'm pretty sure it came with windows 10 pre-installed too. I'm not sure how to get the activation...
  5. windows 10 about to expire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 about to expire

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 about to expire: A pop up screen has just advised me that my Windows 10 is about to expire and I need to reinstall it. Is this legitimate or have I been hacked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-about-to-expire/d95a0c37-9902-46b1-b56d-429ffe8081bb
  7. Message Windows 10 about to expire, need to activate it, cannot activate

Message Windows 10 about to expire, need to activate it, cannot activate: A month ago I started getting a message on my Windows machine "Windows 10 is about to expire, you need to activate it." I bought this computer in 2013, it got the blue screen of death in September 2018, so I had a repair shop try to save my data. When I got the computer...
  8. Activation Key Expiring Soon

Activation Key Expiring Soon: Could someone please tell me how to reactive my windows 10 key when I don't have a code? I bought the laptop second hand with windows 10 pro already installed, but now I keep getting messages saying that my activation key will expire soon. Not sure what to do. Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 license about to expire

Windows 10 license about to expire: This morning when starting up my laptop I got an error that says my license is about to expire. I read everything I could on the issue. The main problem is that I don't have access to the product key, as it is in another city where I live, but am at university until the...
  10. Windows License is about to expire while still activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows License is about to expire while still activated: My windows 10 PC was acting up so i reset it; minus the fact that i lost my Microsoft, it keeps telling me windows license is about to expire while my windows is activated. Note* My window 10 came with my laptop...