Windows 10: Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I installed windows 10 on my computer using a windows 7 pro key that I had, but I lost the picture of the windows 7 key, my windows 10 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Emerson Jr, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade

Hello,

I installed windows 10 on my computer using a windows 7 pro key that I had, but I lost the picture of the windows 7 key, my windows 10 is linked to my account actually I have 1 computer and 2 notebooks linked, is there a way to recover this windows 7 key inside windows 10? If I need to format my computer again, how can I install it without the key, or only logging with the account will "recover" my digital activation automatically?

Couldn't find much info about this case on the internet.

Thanks

:)

Emerson Jr, Oct 17, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 17, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade

windows 10 key

Yea, and with the new release it will upgrade with just the key........Done that with win 7, 8, and 8.1

stinger608, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade

1. Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade - Similar Threads - Key upgrade

2. Transfer Win10 HOME Key retail to another PC after upgrading to PRO retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Win10 HOME Key retail to another PC after upgrading to PRO retail: As the subject line states... I have 2 PCs. One with a HOME retail key and one with no key but is an older PC ... let say it currently has no OS. I want to upgrade this newer PC from HOME retail to PRO retail. I have already retrieved the HOME key and saved into a text...
  3. product key not working upgrading to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key not working upgrading to windows 10 pro: THE PRODUCT KEY YOU ENTERED DIDN'T WORK. CHECK THE PRODUCT KEY AND TRY AGAIN, OR ENTER A DIFFERENT ONE. 0XC004F050 I contacted the store I bought my computer from and they supplied me with a product key. It started to download and about 5 minutes in it encountered a problem...
  4. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, no product key received, can't activate

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, no product key received, can't activate: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro however for some reason it's trying to activate itself as Windows 10 Enterprise. I have bought this upgrade from Microsoft Store, when I go into order history it is marked as completed but when I try to click for...
  5. Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Product key retrieval: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. This is an old laptop which I'm trying to salvage. Unfortunately the sticker containing the key is gone. Is there anyway to retrieve the product key in a safe manner ? I want to avoid suspicious Third party...
  6. Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working

Windows 10 Education Upgrade Key Not Working: Hi there...I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop, and just became a part time student again. I received a Key to upgrade my Home edition to Educational, but at the "Enter a product key" prompt to "Change product key," I'm getting an error stating that the product key I've...
  7. Need Windows 10 Key upgraded from Windows 7

Need Windows 10 Key upgraded from Windows 7: Dear Team, I had upgraded from Windows-7 to Windows-10 during 2015. Now my HDD is corrupted and I have replaced it with a new one. I have only Windows-7 original serial number. How to get the new serial number corresponding? Thanks and Regards Chandrashekhar...
  8. Product Key and Upgrading to Windows 10

Product Key and Upgrading to Windows 10: I live in Trinidad, but was working in the Middle East where I purchased a genuine windows7 Home Premium edition, on the box has activation restrictions to the Middle East and Africa. I am currently in Trinidad, this is a spare laptop i have and want to upgrade to windows 10...
  9. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?: Hi, I have some questions about Windows 10 activation. About a year ago I got a new laptop with 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD with Win10 Home. I removed the SSD and replaced the HDD with a 2TB that I'm using for dual booting. I reinstalled Win10 to an empty 1TB partition from a...
  10. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Full Key - Help?

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Full Key - Help?: Hi All, I bought a laptop a few weeks ago that came with Windows 10 Home provided. I purchased a Windows 10 Pro Key last night from the web. But it wont allow me to upgrade. I went back to the supplier and they advised the key provided doesn't allow upgrading, but a full...