Windows 10: Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I installed windows 10 on my computer using a windows 7 pro key that I had, but I lost the picture of the windows 7 key, my windows 10 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Emerson Jr, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade

Hello,

I installed windows 10 on my computer using a windows 7 pro key that I had, but I lost the picture of the windows 7 key, my windows 10 is linked to my account actually I have 1 computer and 2 notebooks linked, is there a way to recover this windows 7 key inside windows 10? If I need to format my computer again, how can I install it without the key, or only logging with the account will "recover" my digital activation automatically?

Couldn't find much info about this case on the internet.

Thanks

:)

Emerson Jr, Oct 17, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 17, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade

windows 10 key

Yea, and with the new release it will upgrade with just the key........Done that with win 7, 8, and 8.1

stinger608, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade

1. Windows 10 Key from a windows 7 upgrade - Similar Threads - Key upgrade

2. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  3. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11: I recently i upgrade my window 10 to 11, after that my bitlocker key is not working in my encrypted drive.I try many to unlock my bitlocker drive but showing msg wrong key but I enter the correct key my bitlocker.Anyone can suggest, how to fix the issue...
  8. Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11

Bitlocker key not working, after window upgrade 10 to 11: I recently i upgrade my window 10 to 11, after that my bitlocker key is not working in my encrypted drive.I try many to unlock my bitlocker drive but showing msg wrong key but I enter the correct key my bitlocker.Anyone can suggest, how to fix the issue...
  9. Upgrading from illegitimate Windows 10 Pro key to Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from illegitimate Windows 10 Pro key to Windows 11 Home: Hello,I am having trouble upgrading to Windows 11 Home. I unknowingly bought an illegitimate copy of Windows 10 Pro some time ago, and after swapping my motherboard it gave me the Activate Windows watermark, so I then bought a 11 home key from a licensed retailer thinking I...
  10. How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )?: Cant find how to do that , all tutorials require activated windows 8.1 ... submitted by /u/savvasr200 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1btr0io/how_to_upgrade_from_windows_81_not_activated_to/