Windows 10: Windows 10 Key Linked to Account, Selling Computer.

Discus and support Windows 10 Key Linked to Account, Selling Computer. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I had my Windows 10 product key linked to my Microsoft account and my computer was activated. I decided to sell the computer and did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 348816, Jun 13, 2020.

1. 348816 Win User

Windows 10 Key Linked to Account, Selling Computer.

Hello,

I had my Windows 10 product key linked to my Microsoft account and my computer was activated. I decided to sell the computer and did a complete wipe of everything. I believe that my computer was still activated when I sold it. When the person that bought it signs in will it ask for a new product key, or will the one linked to my account keep working? Also, when I built a new computer shortly after, I logged in and my computer got activated itself. Are we using the same product key for our computers and is my account still linked to the other persons computer?

Thanks!

:)

348816, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Activation says linked to your Microsoft account, how do you sell it?

No need to create any user accounts.

Step 1.) Clean install Windows 10, the same edition you are currently using and which is digitally licensed. Be sure to delete all existing partitions and install to unallocated space!

Step 2.) When you arrive to region selection screen, press SHIFT + F10 (press and hold SHIFT key, press F10 key and release both keys). This will open Command Prompt:

Windows 10 Key Linked to Account, Selling Computer. [​IMG]

Step 3.) Enter following command and press Enter to shut down PC:

shutdown -s -t 0 -f

Windows 10 Key Linked to Account, Selling Computer. [​IMG]

That's it. PC will be shut down, when the new owner will power on it first time it will be like a first boot of a new computer, letting new owner to select region and keyboard, set up user account and select privacy options.

3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Key Linked to Account, Selling Computer. :(

Zakin, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Key Linked to Account, Selling Computer.

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Key Linked to Account, Selling Computer.

1. Windows 10 Key Linked to Account, Selling Computer. - Similar Threads - Key Linked Account

2. Windows Keys linked to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Keys linked to Microsoft Account: Is there any possible way to view windows 11 keys saved to my account? I cant find any useful info, but it seems unlikely. I just bought Windows 11 PRO, did a fresh install and already had an unused 11 PRO key saved to my account. I would like to know what other keys i have...
  3. Anyone selling a Windows key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone selling a Windows key?: I just built a PC and don't want to pay $100 for Home submitted by /u/dellramune [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktwsb4/anyone_selling_a_windows_key/
  4. Selling computer with windows 10 education?

Selling computer with windows 10 education?: I tried to do some research, but have not really found any info. I am selling my gaming pc that I built, but I have windows education that I got through my university on it. I told the new buyer it has windows downloaded but didn't think if the education version would be an...
  5. Windows Keys linked to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Keys linked to microsoft account: I recently built a new computer. When I installed windows, I chose "I do not have a product key" and planned to buy one later. However, after signing into windows, I realized that my computer was activated, and when I checked the activation background section, I discovered it...
  6. Windows key linked to the Microsoft account

Windows key linked to the Microsoft account: Hello Good morning. Recently I change my note book's motherboard with DOS, when I first bought it came with windows 10 home pre-installed and I upgrade to pro with a digital license linked with my Microsoft account. My question is when I install the Windows 10 Pro on that...
  7. Resetting a Windows 10 computer to sell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting a Windows 10 computer to sell: I have a Win10 computer that I'd like to sell. I've done the complete reset - twice to take it back as if it were new out of the box. Some people say that doing so isn't really secure and someone could still get stuff off the hard drive. In the past I've used WipeDrive to...
  8. MS account linking to window key

MS account linking to window key: I was never big on using the MS account to log in to windows, and I probably never will but I do have questions. I originally linked my KEY to my account before I clean installed 1609. I bascily linked my key to account then formated pc and clean installed windows and...
  9. Linking windows 10 computer to microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linking windows 10 computer to microsoft account: Hello, I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop. When I went to link it to my microsoft account I found that in doing so my password and username would be changed. I do not want to change either. Is there any way to link to my microsoft account and keep using the...
  10. Windows 10 OEM Key - Account link

Windows 10 OEM Key - Account link: Hey ! So I have my current OEM windows licence installed on my machine, and I'm building a new system that I will use very soon. Since I can't transfer my current licence to that new system, and since I can't afford a full edition, I'm probably about to buy another OEM key...