Windows 10: Windows 10 key no longer works

Discus and support Windows 10 key no longer works in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing the new Windows update on 8/7/19 or 8/8/19, my windows key will not validate. My computer starts like normal, but I have a message in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HowardDahlJr, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 key no longer works

After installing the new Windows update on 8/7/19 or 8/8/19, my windows key will not validate. My computer starts like normal, but I have a message in the bottom right corner of my screen. When I try to validate my copy of windows, which is legit and I bought from Best Buy a few years ago, it states "We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. (0xc0000022)". Also important to know, my copy of windows worked fine until the update.

:)

HowardDahlJr, Aug 15, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 15, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 key no longer works

windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 key no longer works

1. Windows 10 key no longer works - Similar Threads - key longer works

2. Windows key no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows key no longer working: i just upgraded some components on my pc motherboard, cpu + rams, after i had done that i decided that i would upgrade to windows 11 but i made the mistake of formatting my pc and then loading windows 11 from a media tool instead of an upgrade.now whenever i do try activating...
  3. Windows key no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key no longer working: i just upgraded some components on my pc motherboard, cpu + rams, after i had done that i decided that i would upgrade to windows 11 but i made the mistake of formatting my pc and then loading windows 11 from a media tool instead of an upgrade.now whenever i do try activating...
  4. Windows key no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Key is No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Key is No Longer Working: The other day I was bouncing back and forth between the game I was playing and YouTube, at some point I brought up a menu that showed key control settings; Like which key did what. I'm not sure if it was hot keys or what, I looked at the screen briefly and don't know what I...
  6. Windows Key No Longer Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Key No Longer Working: So within the last week or so I noticed my windows key has stopped responding. I can't use it at all. My laptop is pretty sturdy so I don't think its a mechanical issue. I have tried multiple strategies to get the key working again. Ive checked updates, disabled game mode,...
  7. Function keys no longer working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function keys no longer working: Hello...got a Microsoft request to upgrade my os Windows 10 as it was soon to become outdated. Did that yesterday and since then none of the function keys on my laptop HP Envy work at all. This is very frustrating, especially given the need to adjust volume levels during...
  8. Registration key no longer works

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Registration key no longer works: I bought a download license of Windows 10 some time ago. The laptop on which it was installed crashed, and I had to replace the hard drive. Now that I am trying to re-install I get told that my registration key is invalid and I have to buy a new genuine license. Telephone...
  9. "z" key no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "z" key no longer works: My "z" key does not work on my keyboard. It was working a couple days ago and now it just does not work and I have no idea why. I have connected it to my other computer and the "z" key works but on my main computer it does not. I noticed that I can use it at the login menu...
  10. Windows key no longer works in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key no longer works in game: The windows key on my keyboard used to bring up my start menu while I was gaming and now it does not. It is not the setting on my keyboard and the button works all other times. I know I can just alt tab but I want to be able to use the windows key as well. Google has not...