Windows 10: Windows 10 Key not working after major hardware upgrade; worked fine with old pc

Discus and support Windows 10 Key not working after major hardware upgrade; worked fine with old pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently upgraded my PC. Prior to this upgrade my windows 10 was working flawlessly, with no activation issues. Since I upgraded Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mergy03, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Mergy03 Win User

Windows 10 Key not working after major hardware upgrade; worked fine with old pc

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my PC. Prior to this upgrade my windows 10 was working flawlessly, with no activation issues. Since I upgraded Windows the product key tied to my account has stopped working. I am signed in with my microsoft account that has the product key, and I have tested a vast majority of the microsoft troubleshoots with no luck.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Mergy

:)

Mergy03, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Feather Win User

Free upgrade still working using old keys

Windows 10 free upgrade offer still works. I tested today. First I installed and activated Windows 8.1 (I used an old Windows 8 key that had never been used) and after this I upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

Note that Windows 10 upgrade installation does not accept Windows 7/8.x product key, so you need to select the option I'm reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC (see screenshot below).

Windows 10 Key not working after major hardware upgrade; worked fine with old pc [​IMG]

You can also clean install Windows 10 and activate it directly with your unused Windows 7/8.x product key.

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Feather, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Key not working after major hardware upgrade; worked fine with old pc

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Key not working after major hardware upgrade; worked fine with old pc

1. Windows 10 Key not working after major hardware upgrade; worked fine with old pc - Similar Threads - Key working major

2. Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?: My win key is not working or partially working, more precisely.When I press Win key alone, the start menu doesn't show up; however, when I press Win + G, which is the shortcut for Xbox game bar, it works; when I press Win + L, which is the shortcut for Lock the screen, it...
  3. Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?: My win key is not working or partially working, more precisely.When I press Win key alone, the start menu doesn't show up; however, when I press Win + G, which is the shortcut for Xbox game bar, it works; when I press Win + L, which is the shortcut for Lock the screen, it...
  4. work vpn disconnecting on new pc, but work on old pc just fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    work vpn disconnecting on new pc, but work on old pc just fine: So I am running a 3 year old core i3 pc. I am connecting to my work vpn thru chrome, edge and the vpn connects just fine. Purchased a new amd 14 inch pc and fully up to date. I can pull up the vpn and connect, but about 15 mins to 30 mins and then drops. At this point this is...
  5. Can't get old game to work after reinstalling Windows 10 worked fine before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get old game to work after reinstalling Windows 10 worked fine before: After a recent BSOD crash and unsuccessful troubleshooting, I threw in the towel and reinstalled Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I used a generic USB stick created at the Microsoft web site rather than the recovery USB stick I had made before the crash using the Toshiba tools on my...
  6. Old program runs fine on old hardware Win 98 computer - work w/Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old program runs fine on old hardware Win 98 computer - work w/Win 10?: So, I have a VERY old legacy program that was written during the late 90's (not by me) and runs just fine on an old Pentium machine I have (running Win98). This program basically plays wav files while it commands an external board via an RS232 port. On a lark, I wondered if...
  7. Old program runs fine on old hardware Win 98 computer - work w/Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Old program runs fine on old hardware Win 98 computer - work w/Win 10?: So, I have a VERY old legacy program that was written during the late 90's (not by me) and runs just fine on an old Pentium machine I have (running Win98). This program basically plays wav files while it commands an external board via an RS232 port. On a lark, I wondered if...
  8. Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade: Hi, I have earlier upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10pro for free, so I have a digital lisence. Windows version is 1809. I made a major upgrade (motherboard, CPU, memory & graphics adapter), but kept hard drive & Windows untouched. Activation error code is 0xC004C003....
  9. Windows reactivation after old hardware stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows reactivation after old hardware stopped working: I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. I can't reactivate windows and the troubleshooter led me to something that said I have to set up the upgrade with my old hardware installed -- basically tell it I'm about to upgrade or something like that. My old hardware was...
  10. wifi is not working on lenovo after upgrading to windows 10 , it was working fine on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi is not working on lenovo after upgrading to windows 10 , it was working fine on...: Wifi stop working after up gradation from windows 7 to windows 10 on lenovo laptop, wifi remain in disabled state even after installing the wifi device driver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7key working