Windows 10: Windows 10 key stopped working

Discus and support Windows 10 key stopped working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had notification from Windows about my activation key not working but I decided I'll ignore it hoping it will just sort it out on it's own. Well it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CanExiOne, Mar 24, 2019.

1. CanExiOne Win User

Windows 10 key stopped working

I had notification from Windows about my activation key not working but I decided I'll ignore it hoping it will just sort it out on it's own. Well it didn't and today I was welcomed with beautiful text on my screen "Activate Windows".

I bought this pc few years ago and it came preactivated with windows 10. As far as I know this key should not stop working out of nowhere and only think I changed in it is adding another HDD but it was more than a year ago. I tried getting my product key from command line but it says this key didn't work. There is also message in Windows activation tab, I attached it below. I am not part of any organisation and my pc is from Acer.

Windows 10 key stopped working b34c9067-dd71-470f-9fed-fa31ba9f734c?upload=true.jpg

:)

CanExiOne, Mar 24, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 24, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 key stopped working

windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 key stopped working

1. Windows 10 key stopped working - Similar Threads - key stopped working

2. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows key stopped working: i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-stopped-working/c8391583-c4ec-417a-87ee-7eb7cbe7f1a0
  3. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows key stopped working: i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-stopped-working/c8391583-c4ec-417a-87ee-7eb7cbe7f1a0
  4. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. random keys stop working on keyboard windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random keys stop working on keyboard windows 10: Im playing a game and randomly my keys will stop working, specifically M, 0, Enter, and all the F keys. But i test it on some other applications and it doesnt work there either. So i unplugged my keyboard and plug it back in some time later and now the keys work.... for a...
  6. Windows 10 Product Key Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Key Stopped Working: I have an HP Spectre x360 laptop that is about a year and half old, a few months ago I got a watermark saying to activate windows, I found my product key and re-entered it, but it's saying it's not valid. To my knowledge I never entered the key on another laptop and I'm not...
  7. Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working: My Windows Key has, all of a sudden, stopped working. I use the key very frequently but now, pressing the key has no action. I tried using some windows key shortcuts like WIN + R but it ended up just responding to the R key, not the windows key. I have also seen solution...
  8. Windows 10 PrtScr key stopped working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 PrtScr key stopped working?: How do I get my Windows 10 print screen key to start working again. No changes to the system were made as far as I know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-prtscr-key-stopped-working/cbc56860-3da3-4529-962b-189c06ef8b4b
  9. Windows OEM key stopped working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows OEM key stopped working?: So basically. It all happened a few months ago while i changed something in my motherboard settings, i simply switched the cool and quiet for my ryzen processor off. It then said the key was expired for no reason at all? This is a prebuilt computer and the store that build...
  10. Windows 10 keyboard letter keys stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keyboard letter keys stop working: Windows Wireless Comfort 5050 Desktop keyboard letters and shift keys stopped working on computer 1. Function keys and calculator key continue to work. Wireless mouse continues to work 100%. Switched out 3 different keyboards, 2 Logitec and one other Microsoft. Logitec uses...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prtscr not working