Windows 10: Windows 10 keyboard and touchpad not responding after waking up from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 keyboard and touchpad not responding after waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, When I put my laptop to sleep(closing screen led) and after waking up i am unable to do anything at the lockscreen. Mouse cursor wont move and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by enum666, Oct 30, 2018.

1. enum666 Win User

Windows 10 keyboard and touchpad not responding after waking up from sleep

Hello,

When I put my laptop to sleep(closing screen led) and after waking up i am unable to do anything at the lockscreen. Mouse cursor wont move and keyboard isn't responding. I have to restart laptop in order to get it work.

I noticed that for a few seconds, after waking up from sleep, touchpad and keyboard respond for a few seconds then they stop working.

I checked various solutions but changing anything to power settings or doing various things for drivers and devices didn't help. Drivers are updated and i'm at the last update of Windows.

I had this problem few months before and I solved it somehow, but recently after a clean install it showed again.

Thanks

:)

enum666, Oct 30, 2018
  2. enum666 Win User

Hello,

When I put my laptop to sleep(closing screen led) and after waking up i am unable to do anything at the lockscreen. Mouse cursor wont move and keyboard isn't responding. I have to restart laptop in order to get it work.

I noticed that for a few seconds, after waking up from sleep, touchpad and keyboard respond for a few seconds then they stop working.

I checked various solutions but changing anything to power settings or doing various things for drivers and devices didn't help. Drivers are updated and i'm at the last update of Windows.

I had this problem few months before and I solved it somehow, but recently after a clean install it showed again.

Thanks

enum666, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond

Ever since I have taken this Dell notebook out of the box or not long after that, it has been giving me trouble with the keyboard, touchpad, and mouse. When I go to wake the computer from sleep or even turning it on after a night's rest, the keyboard, mouse, and touchpad do not respond to the computer. The cursor (if I am typing something) and the mouse pointer freezes up and it makes the computer not usable until it responds. The keyboard also has a backlit caps lock key. When this happens, the light on the caps lock key does not light up. I have ran tests on it from Dell and the program (Dell Support Assist) says that everything passed and there is nothing wrong. There is something wrong. A brand new computer from the factory should not be doing this. The notebook is a Dell Inspiron 15-3552. I don't have it listed in my specs yet.

Help is appreciated!

Thanks! Windows 10 keyboard and touchpad not responding after waking up from sleep :)

Jesse Williams, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 keyboard and touchpad not responding after waking up from sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keyboard and touchpad not responding after waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - keyboard touchpad responding

2. Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode: Hello all.For around 2 weeks now, I have been facing an issue: Windows Explorer on my laptop ASUS ROG G15QE will not respond after waking up from hibernation/sleep mode. I have tried doing sfc /scannow and a few other methods. I have also updated to the latest version of...
  3. Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode: Hello all.For around 2 weeks now, I have been facing an issue: Windows Explorer on my laptop ASUS ROG G15QE will not respond after waking up from hibernation/sleep mode. I have tried doing sfc /scannow and a few other methods. I have also updated to the latest version of...
  4. Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep: My Windows 10 keep crashes whenever it goes to sleep. When I try to wake the system from sleep, it shows some error and restarts. I thought the battery's health could be the issue. So I looked on the internet and followed the steps. Links...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse won’t respond after waking Computer from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard and Mouse won’t respond after waking Computer from Sleep Mode: [ATTACH]If your Keyboard and Mouse do not respond after waking your Windows computer from Sleep Mode, then this post is sure to help you. Some users have reported that their keyboards and mice do not respond when they wake their systems from sleep mode. Users have also...
  7. Keyboard Not Recognized After Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Not Recognized After Wake From Sleep: My Corsair K70 RGB keyboard is not recognized after waking my Windows 10 computer from sleep. The only way to get the keyboard working again is using any of the two options listed below: disconnect and reconnect the keyboard to the two rear USB 2.0 ports shutdown the...
  8. After waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  9. keyboard not working after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not working after waking up from sleep: Hi, I have a dell desktop running windows 10, all patches and updates are applied both from Microsoft and Dell. The computer goes to sleep after 30 minutes, and at least twice a day, when I wake it up the keyboard doesn't work, and I get a pop up message that a usb device...
  10. Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep: This happens every time I try to wake up my desktop from sleep. When I try to wake it up from sleep, the system crashes it tells me "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". But once it restarts after collecting the data it tells me that "Windows wasn't loaded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 touchpad wake from sleep