Windows 10: Windows 10 Keyboard broke, how can I disable it?

Discus and support Windows 10 Keyboard broke, how can I disable it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm a very odd predicament right now. I've spilled water over my windows 10 keyboard and have dried out all of the water. Luckily, everything was fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stratonian, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Keyboard broke, how can I disable it?

I'm a very odd predicament right now. I've spilled water over my windows 10 keyboard and have dried out all of the water. Luckily, everything was fine apart from the keyboard.

I've been trying to copy my files over to my memory stick so I can use it for another computer with a working keyboard. The problem is that a key is being held down which stops me from right clicking on files, and when I double left click on files it opens the file's properties.

Using only the on-screen keyboard, is there any way to either disable this hotkey or disable use of the keyboard itself?

It's a very odd problem and any help would be appreciated!

:)

Stratonian, Aug 13, 2020

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 13, 2020
  3. how do I disable on screen keyboard in windows 10 ?

This does NOT work as there is no option to disable the virtual keyboard in Ease of Access

Windows 10 Pro

Build no: 10586.1007

Ver: 1511

This **** VIRTUAL KEYBOARD is a major pain in the ass!

Is there a registry edit that can kill it, PERMANENTLY

Thank You (I hope)

DavidSheedy, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 Keyboard broke, how can I disable it?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Keyboard broke, how can I disable it?

1. Windows 10 Keyboard broke, how can I disable it? - Similar Threads - Keyboard broke disable

2. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i disable my laptop keyboard?: My laptop brands are dell. my laptop keyboard is broken and how do i disable it i tried all the stuff. My laptop keyboard is pressing randomly like f1 f2 f3 ... f12 and it ANNOY - Delete Device : Won't work it just automatically reinstall - Disable Device : Won't work also it...
  3. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i disable my laptop keyboard?: My laptop brands are dell. my laptop keyboard is broken and how do i disable it i tried all the stuff. My laptop keyboard is pressing randomly like f1 f2 f3 ... f12 and it ANNOY - Delete Device : Won't work it just automatically reinstall - Disable Device : Won't work also it...
  4. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I disable a particular key in keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable a particular key in keyboard: How can I disable a particular key in keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-a-particular-key-in-keyboard/956a0fed-b65f-42e7-9e31-c4ea82f289ac
  6. How can I disable a particular key in keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I disable a particular key in keyboard: How can I disable a particular key in keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-a-particular-key-in-keyboard/956a0fed-b65f-42e7-9e31-c4ea82f289ac
  7. How can I disable a particular key in keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How can I bock or disable the keyboard of a laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I bock or disable the keyboard of a laptop?: One of my keys presses itself for a while every few minutes, for that I have a usb keyboard but I need to bock the one on the laptop. How can I do it ? Thank you submitted by /u/durkscarf [link] [comments]...
  9. How can I disable a built in laptop keyboard in Windows 10 Home edition

How can I disable a built in laptop keyboard in Windows 10 Home edition: Running Windows 10 home edition. I just updated to the latest version. My kids broke the keyboard on the laptop a while ago and while it required a bit of work I was able to disable the built in keyboard by installing a monitor driver instead of a keyboard driver. Shortly...
  10. keyboard broke

keyboard broke: I am a student who uses their computer daily, so I really need my keyboard to do its job. I have had problems with the key beside the o and above the semicolon=I literally can't type it. and every now and then my o doesn't work along with the 0,9,quotation marks,...