Windows 10: Windows 10 keyboard either not writing at all or writing wrong characters - CANNOT GET PAST...

Discus and support Windows 10 keyboard either not writing at all or writing wrong characters - CANNOT GET PAST... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 64 bit Minix Neo Z83-4 Pro with Windows 10. I am using an external keyboard. My keyboard will either type the wrong letters / numbers or not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NancyDewhurst, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 keyboard either not writing at all or writing wrong characters - CANNOT GET PAST...

I have 64 bit Minix Neo Z83-4 Pro with Windows 10.

I am using an external keyboard.

My keyboard will either type the wrong letters / numbers or not type at all.

I cannot login to change any setting as I can't write my password / pin correctly, or now write the 'challenge phrase' as I have tried too many times.

PS I am writing this from my laptop - not the minix.

Do you know if it is a virus? Or an issue with the keyboard? Any help would be appreciated! I have only found help on the internet that is relevant to people who can actually get on to their home screen in the first place - I cannot get past login screen. I have tried logging in in safe mode and nothing happened

:)

NancyDewhurst, Nov 26, 2018
  2. SQmak Win User

Windows 10 lost ability to write characters in freehand.

My tablet is the same as the Lenovo Thinkpad 10 (but in Japan is NEC version).

In Windows 8.1, I was able to write characters in freehand in the touch keyboard panel.

But, If I switch to write them separately, I would have to write each Kanji or Hiragana for each block.

But I only use the freehand feature. It worked great! I constantly need to use this keyboard.

Upgrading to W10 broke this feature. In the Japanese keyboard even though, I have the Language options-Handwriting-Write characters in freehand... It doesn't change anything in the keyboard! I still have the blocks for writing separately.

The same error is on the English keyboard, but the opposite problem!

The keyboard is stuck with the freehand keyboard, and it won't change to separate letters!

I have tried changing the settings on the Settings App and from the Control Panel. Nothing works!

Since the error is seen on both English & Japanese Keyboard (even though, they are opposites) the problem is present and very frustrating.

What can I do? I really need freehand for Japanese!

Is there a Code I could change in the registry to force "Freehand" Keyboard????

Thanks in advanced.

SQmak, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Windows 10 keyboard either not writing at all or writing wrong characters - CANNOT GET PAST...

Keyboard write wrong characters windows 10

My Keyboard start typing wrong characters when I press shift key

like Shift + 2 -> " and it should be @

Can any one please tell me what is the problem ?

Amira Elsayed, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 keyboard either not writing at all or writing wrong characters - CANNOT GET PAST...

1. Windows 10 keyboard either not writing at all or writing wrong characters - CANNOT GET PAST... - Similar Threads - keyboard either writing

2. The keyboard writes other letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The keyboard writes other letters: Hello everyone,I was cleaning my keyboard, and after that, my keyboard started typing every letter, sign, and number in a line. This issue occurs after I press the letter 'S' it types this: "456ASDFGHJKL٧. It's pretty annoying. If you want I can provide a screenshot of the...
  3. Cannot write file metadata on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot write file metadata on Windows 10: I know this question had been posted hundreds of time, I've read through a dozen discussions/questions and none of them resolve the issue.I cannot edit mp3 file metadata on Windows 10 Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1586I right click on the mp3 file -> properties -> details and...
  4. Cannot write file metadata on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot write file metadata on Windows 10: I know this question had been posted hundreds of time, I've read through a dozen discussions/questions and none of them resolve the issue.I cannot edit mp3 file metadata on Windows 10 Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1586I right click on the mp3 file -> properties -> details and...
  5. Keyboard writes double characters after update of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard writes double characters after update of windows 10: After windows 10 update my Keyboard writes double characters on my Medion E3222 notebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-writes-double-characters-after-update-of/4cef90db-0a59-47df-8196-6ee08dd5dc6c
  6. Cannot write to Registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot write to Registry: I have a program that needs to make entries in HKCU Software VB and VBA Program Settings. It is unable to. I am the Administrator. How can I get access to the Registry? Thanks, Murray...
  7. My keyboard writes different characters

My keyboard writes different characters: Hello! good day everoyne I have a laptop to which i cleaned the keyboard, since it had a lot of dust accumulated and stuck. After that, i turned on the computer and te OS did not enter, which was resolved with a startup repair. After repair, i start the computer,...
  8. Windows 10 eyboard either not writing at all or writing wrong characters - CANNOT GET PAST...

Windows 10 eyboard either not writing at all or writing wrong characters - CANNOT GET PAST...: I have 64 bit Minix Neo Z83-4 Pro with Windows 10. I am using an external keyboard. My keyboard will either type the wrong letters / numbers or not type at all. I cannot login to change any setting as I can't write my password / pin correctly, or now write the...
  9. Cannot write in notepad..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot write in notepad..: I cannot write anything in the Notepad.. how to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-write-in-notepad/f65ce1ef-50c1-4e8a-9e78-b884398040bb
  10. Wrong characters with keyboard

Wrong characters with keyboard: Hi My keyboard now displays @ when I press shift/double quotes and the opposite when I press shift/at sign. Where do I go to check what keyboard options have been set up during the upgrade. Thanks Daniel 10427