Windows 10: Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing

Discus and support Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, So here is my problem: I only have one preferred language in my language settings. In that preferred language, I only have one keyboard layout,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nadeaujf, May 1, 2019.

1. nadeaujf Win User

Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing

Hi,
    So here is my problem: I only have one preferred language in my language settings. In that preferred language, I only have one keyboard layout, Canadian french. But for some reason, it keeps changing, and it's getting frustrating. I only want one keyboard layout, why does Windows keeps adding more and changing it?

Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing [​IMG]

:)

nadeaujf, May 1, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, May 1, 2019
  3. Keyboard language keeps changing

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you installed Spanish Keyboard in your desktop?

You can follow the steps to fix the issue.

Method 1:

Removing other keyboard layouts.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language >
      Region & Language.
    2. Click on Spanish
      and Click on Remove.
    3. Now add the Spanish language again from
      Region & Language under
      Settings.

Also, if you are using an older build of Windows 10, you can refer to the suggestions by

Monica Cam
    dated 10th October 2016.

Method 2:

Changing the language preference to English only.

1. Go to Settings > Devices >
      Typing.
    2. Under More keyboard settings click on
      Advanced keyboard settings.
    3. Now under Override for default input method select
      English.
    4. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing

Keyboard language is being changed on Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that the keyboard language is being changed.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Update driver software

Also, try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Step 2: Refer to the below Microsoft article.

Change your language or keyboard

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing

1. Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing - Similar Threads - keyboard language keeps

2. Language on keyboard keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language on keyboard keeps changing: The language keeps changing in Windows 10 so every few days I go through hell trying to get my keyboard punctuation keys to stay in english. How can I ÈlockÈ them so that the correct punctuation happens when I press the corresponding key on my keyboardÉ - that was supposed to...
  3. Language on keyboard keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language on keyboard keeps changing: The language keeps changing in Windows 10 so every few days I go through hell trying to get my keyboard punctuation keys to stay in english. How can I ÈlockÈ them so that the correct punctuation happens when I press the corresponding key on my keyboardÉ - that was supposed to...
  4. Language on keyboard keeps changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Changing Language of the keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Language of the keyboard: I have problems changing my keyboard language bc I want to change it to swiss but that does not show up under input languages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-language-of-the-keyboard/c1b0842d-7407-4346-910d-fa224656a0be
  6. Keyboard language keeps changing

Keyboard language keeps changing: Hi, The language setting on my keyboard keep changing and switching the keyboard from US to UK. Further, the UK language is not configured on my PC as can be seen in this picture. I have check Office, again UK is not installed (see the other pic). Any ideas as to what's...
  7. Windows 10 keeps changing display and keyboard language

Windows 10 keeps changing display and keyboard language: Hey everyone, I just got a new laptop and I've had trouble with language settings right from the beginning. The laptop is purchased in Germany and had german as default language. I wanted (and could do this with every windows device in the past without any problem at all)...
  8. Keyboard language keeps changing

Keyboard language keeps changing: I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft account. Both run Windows 10 Pro v1803. Both are completely in English, apart from my laptop having a Spanish keyboard. So I have 2 input methods configured – one English with English keyboard and one English with...
  9. Keyboard language keeps changing

Keyboard language keeps changing: I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft account. Both run Windows 10 Pro v1803. Both are completely in English, apart from my laptop having a Spanish keyboard. So I have 2 input methods configured – one English with English keyboard and one English with...
  10. keyboard language keeps changing

keyboard language keeps changing: Since the last windows update my keyboard language keeps changing. That problem did not occur before the update but I can not get rid of it now. system language is English but keyboard is German (for practical reasons). I used override for default input method and German...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Keyboard language keeps

2. keyboard keeps changing when changing windows

3. why is changing keyboards in windows 10 so difficult

4. keyboard language keeps changing windows 10