Windows 10: Windows 10 Keyboard, Mouse and Screen not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Keyboard, Mouse and Screen not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently fixed my Gaming PC Akasa Freedom Xone by downloading Windows 10 reinstallation files. Everything worked out just fine. I downloaded a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PreZPio, Apr 15, 2020.

1. PreZPio Win User

Windows 10 Keyboard, Mouse and Screen not working

I recently fixed my Gaming PC Akasa Freedom Xone by downloading Windows 10 reinstallation files. Everything worked out just fine. I downloaded a few games on Steam and played them. After that I normally turned off the computer and went to sleep. The next day, I tried turning on my PC. The PC turned on but the monitor screen was black and the keyboard and mouse dont work. I tried turning it on and off, checked all cables and even tried to reinstall Windows 10 again, but nothing worked. Please help!

:)

PreZPio, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 15, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Keyboard, Mouse and Screen not working

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Keyboard, Mouse and Screen not working

1. Windows 10 Keyboard, Mouse and Screen not working - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse Screen

2. Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen: Hello,I've read several threads about this issue but I couldn't solve it myself. So what happened I played a game and alt tab to my browser where I had a lot of tabs opened and I opened some more reaching 98% memory I didn't realise it at the time but I've started using my...
  3. Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen: Hello,I've read several threads about this issue but I couldn't solve it myself. So what happened I played a game and alt tab to my browser where I had a lot of tabs opened and I opened some more reaching 98% memory I didn't realise it at the time but I've started using my...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  5. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  6. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen: Decided to reboot my PC today in an attempt to resolve un unrelated problem, but upon reboot I found myself unable to login to Windows because my mouse and keyboard appear complitely unresponsive. They both work just fine in BIOS and I tried fiddling aroung the USB settings...
  8. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen: I suspect the latest update, this has happened before. Previously, booting into safe mode worked for solving this problem, but it hasnt worked this time. Looking for next steps. Also the password from my live account isn't working on my computer. I would like to keepy...
  9. No log in screen and keyboard/mouse not working

No log in screen and keyboard/mouse not working: I have windows10. Problems started with no internet. Now there is no log in option on the screen, just shows the time. Wireless Keyboard and mouse stopped working too. From googling possible fixes ive done the following:- Unplugged the wireless adapter, changed batteries...
  10. Keyboard, Mouse not working on Windows 10 logon screen

Keyboard, Mouse not working on Windows 10 logon screen: Hello Microsoft, During the last shutdown, some updates were installed automatically. Now, when I start my PC neither keyboard is working nor the mouse. Although I can use keyboard and mouse in the BIOS settings. I've also tried another set of keyboard and mouse, still no...