Windows 10: Windows 10, keyboard not working at login screen,

Discus and support Windows 10, keyboard not working at login screen, in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using HP laptop with Windows 10. During the startup where I have to log in to get in, the key board was not working. Note only few keys i, -,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by balaraju_k, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10, keyboard not working at login screen,

I am using HP laptop with Windows 10. During the startup where I have to log in to get in, the key board was not working. Note only few keys i, -, backspace were working and hence cannot login making the laptop unusable. Tried few repair options in setup by googling but nothing worked for me.

Finally, what worked is the suggestion from below post, copying here to state precisely what worked. "On the login screen, selected the on screen keyboard, pressed caps lock and then pressed back space. Then started entering the password in the password field and it worked."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/windows-10-keyboard-not-working-at-login-screen/2c533db5-f3bc-4712-839c-7889f9758350?page=1

Please note that I have to do this every time I restart the laptop. I am not sure what the exact problem is but living with this work around. If anybody knows the problem and permanent solution, please let us know.

Thanks

:)

balaraju_k, Dec 27, 2020

2. Keyboard not working on Login screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and login.

Please Find the screenshot of the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen:

Windows 10, keyboard not working at login screen, 9c227ccc-8ac4-490c-af6a-3cf42faccbec.png

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 3 Keyboard Not Working On Login Screen With Windows 10

I upgraded to windows 10.

The keyboard doesn't work on the login screen.

Can't login without external keyboard.

Nothing suggested has worked so far.

Please help

Somewhat_Frustrated, Dec 27, 2020
  4. 7less7 Win User

Windows 10, keyboard not working at login screen,

Window 10 upgrade but keyboard does not work at login

7less7, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, keyboard not working at login screen,

1. Windows 10, keyboard not working at login screen, - Similar Threads - keyboard working login

2. Keyboard and On-screen not working at Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and On-screen not working at Windows login screen: Hello!I have tried restarting my laptop 3 times and plugged and unplugging my USB keyboard and I sadly still cannot type. I also see my keyboard is not locked because i can press CRTL, ALT and TAB but i cannot type any letters besides that.. I am stuck in the login screen...
  3. Keyboard and On-screen not working at Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and On-screen not working at Windows login screen: Hello!I have tried restarting my laptop 3 times and plugged and unplugging my USB keyboard and I sadly still cannot type. I also see my keyboard is not locked because i can press CRTL, ALT and TAB but i cannot type any letters besides that.. I am stuck in the login screen...
  4. Windows 11 On-screen Keyboard not working on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 On-screen Keyboard not working on login screen: When trying to input the password for login using the on screen keyboard sometimes it stops working after inputing 3 or so keys, theres no error message or anything, the keyboard pparently is still usable, but when you click in the keys even tho it does the animation nothing...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  6. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  7. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Keyboard not working on login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not working on login screen: So I just recently got a new computer (Alienware Aurora R11) and so far until today, everything has been fine. I turned it on today though and none of the letter keys on my keyboard would function. Numbers, function keys, everything else was fine. But with no letters I wasn't...
  9. Keyboard not working at Windows login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not working at Windows login screen: Hi, Since yesterday I can't login on Windows because my laptop's keyboard wont work when password is required. Judging from the on-screen keyboard it thinks that the Alt-key is pressed. In the BIOS keyboard test it's fine though. Any ideas? Regards Erik [IMG]...
  10. Keyboard not working at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not working at login screen: Hi. I see a lot of people are having different issues logging in. Went out last night for Christmas Eve and when we came home my son could not login to windows 10. At the login screen when we try to enter a pin nothing happened, it’s as if it’s not recognizing the keyboard at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant use keyboard windows 10 login screen

2. mouse and keyboard stop working at logon screeb