Windows 10: Windows 10 Keyboard not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Keyboard not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 PC (HP 260-p026). After a windows update on 11/14-11/16, the keyboard input is no longer working. I have tried several keyboards... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by h4mm3r0g0d2, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Keyboard not working

I have a windows 10 PC (HP 260-p026). After a windows update on 11/14-11/16, the keyboard input is no longer working. I have tried several keyboards both wired/wireless in several usb ports. Nothing works. I have go through tons of steps on here to try and fix this. another thing is some windows don't allow you to move or resize them and the close button doesn't work. They can still be closed through the task bar. I have noticed it mainly the explorer windows and the onscreen keyboard that have this problem. Google chrome and cmd can be moved without problem and closed easily.

Steps tried and results

System restore - restored but broke the wdfltr.sys file making it unable to boot. Fixed that by restoring the file from another windows 10 pc. Got the system to turn back on without problems now but still no keyboard.

checked filter keys, its off.

From here on everything has been ran through the hidden Administrator account on windows 10 having to use a virtual keyboard.

Device manager - Unable to create new file

Tried the regsrv32 Msxml.dll fix (xml and xml2 are not found, xml3 did its thing but still no mmc)

Update drivers - still not working

run chkdsk - no problems

run sfc /scannow at 10% gives the resources error. Tried in safe mode.

tried the dism

/checkhealth shows no corruption completed successfully

/scanhealth fails at 30.9% error 4448

The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's resource table

(log created)

/restorehealth fails at 23.1% error 4448

The WOF driver encounterd a corruption in the compressed file's resource table

(log created)

So what are the next steps without having to wipe the whole computer back to factory?

-Kyle

:)

h4mm3r0g0d2, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Keyboard not working

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Keyboard not working

1. Windows 10 Keyboard not working - Similar Threads - Keyboard working

2. I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after...: I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after installing windows, it's not working anymore. How should i solve it?...
  3. I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after...: I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after installing windows, it's not working anymore. How should i solve it?...
  4. I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. some keyboard not working

some keyboard not working: hello, so after i installed some updates on my laptop some keys stopped working which are: leftctrl, 5, 6, f1, f2, -, =, f8, f9, ` and delete keys i think the update which ruined my keyboard was .net framework update so what should i do? i dont want to do system restore...
  6. some keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some keyboard not working: hello, so after i installed some updates on my laptop some keys stopped working which are: leftctrl, 5, 6, f1, f2, -, =, f8, f9, ` and delete keys i think the update which ruined my keyboard was .net framework update so what should i do? i dont want to do system restore...
  7. some keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. After today's update several keys on keyboard no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After today's update several keys on keyboard no longer work: The numbers that won't work on the top bar- 2,5,7,8, as well as the shifted symbols for these numbersThe numbers that won't work on the number pad- 3,0The letters that won't work- k,u Additional symbols that won't work- ? and . and \No error message. I have tried restarting....
  9. After today's update several keys on keyboard no longer work

After today's update several keys on keyboard no longer work: The numbers that won't work on the top bar- 2,5,7,8, as well as the shifted symbols for these numbersThe numbers that won't work on the number pad- 3,0The letters that won't work- k,u Additional symbols that won't work- ? and . and \No error message. I have tried restarting....
  10. Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello,My Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts that both open and activate the new snip functionality are supposed to be, by default, assigned to "Windows key + Shift key + the letter "S" key but that is not working for both opening and activating the new snip functionality....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the wof driver encountered a corruption in the compressed files resource table

2. keyboard doesnt work pc windows after password