Windows 10: Windows 10 Keyboard not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Keyboard not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 PC (HP 260-p026). After a windows update on 11/14-11/16, the keyboard input is no longer working. I have tried several keyboards... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by h4mm3r0g0d2, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Keyboard not working

I have a windows 10 PC (HP 260-p026). After a windows update on 11/14-11/16, the keyboard input is no longer working. I have tried several keyboards both wired/wireless in several usb ports. Nothing works. I have go through tons of steps on here to try and fix this. another thing is some windows don't allow you to move or resize them and the close button doesn't work. They can still be closed through the task bar. I have noticed it mainly the explorer windows and the onscreen keyboard that have this problem. Google chrome and cmd can be moved without problem and closed easily.

Steps tried and results

System restore - restored but broke the wdfltr.sys file making it unable to boot. Fixed that by restoring the file from another windows 10 pc. Got the system to turn back on without problems now but still no keyboard.

checked filter keys, its off.

From here on everything has been ran through the hidden Administrator account on windows 10 having to use a virtual keyboard.

Device manager - Unable to create new file

Tried the regsrv32 Msxml.dll fix (xml and xml2 are not found, xml3 did its thing but still no mmc)

Update drivers - still not working

run chkdsk - no problems

run sfc /scannow at 10% gives the resources error. Tried in safe mode.

tried the dism

/checkhealth shows no corruption completed successfully

/scanhealth fails at 30.9% error 4448

The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's resource table

(log created)

/restorehealth fails at 23.1% error 4448

The WOF driver encounterd a corruption in the compressed file's resource table

(log created)

So what are the next steps without having to wipe the whole computer back to factory?

-Kyle

:)

h4mm3r0g0d2, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Keyboard not working

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Keyboard not working

1. Windows 10 Keyboard not working - Similar Threads - Keyboard working

2. Lose wireless keyboard on restart. Works after power down/up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lose wireless keyboard on restart. Works after power down/up: I have a Surface 7, Windows 10 1909 18363.836, Logitech K330 wireless to USB dongle keyboard/mouse. Every time I Restart, it comes back without the Keyboard/Mouse. I need to use the touchscreen. Every time I Shut Down/Power up the Keyboard/Mouse works....
  3. keyboard of my windows 10 laptop is not working now

keyboard of my windows 10 laptop is not working now: Few days before some keys where having some problems like not working at some instances.but now whole keyboard is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-of-my-windows-10-laptop-is-not-working/0c6f7881-9697-45d3-b794-c08790fd99d4
  4. My surface keyboard is not working

My surface keyboard is not working: Few days before some keys where not working at somes.But now the whole keyboard is not working.Please reply. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-keyboard-is-not-working/45875e51-6c5b-498c-89e6-a0fe4a726957
  5. Keyboard and mouse not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse not working.: Sorry for the long post TLDR: I have 2 keyboards and 2 mice and all of them only work in bios no matter what port they are plugged into. I had an issue where I had powered down my pc and unplugged everything from it. Once I plugged everything back in my keyboard no longer...
  6. Keyboard not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not working.: Hello. I am having an issue with both of the keyboards I have. One is a Vortex Pok3r mechanical keyboard, and the other is a Corsair Strafe RGB mechanical keyboard. Just this morning everything worked completely normal, and has ever since I built this PC last year. I moved...
  7. keyboard stop work after windows updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard stop work after windows updates: keyboard stop work after Windows updates ,totally. I use on screen one ,it is crazy to klick on every letter ,what to do? no warranties. its Lenovo laptop. Thanks for help....
  8. Keyboard isnt working

Keyboard isnt working: Some of the keys including volume, mute microphone, airplane mode..., and brightness control ,dont work. It seems that their functions have changed. Does anybody know how to fix this problem????...
  9. WIN 10 clean install - USB mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 clean install - USB mouse and keyboard not working: I have a 2014 desktop that has been upgraded over the years. It came with a mouse and keyboard with colour coded pin type connections - both thrown away for newer USB models. I have just completed a clean upload of Windows 10 and find, on restart, my USB mouse and keyboard...
  10. only all connected gaming keyboards stops working though key led works where as other...

only all connected gaming keyboards stops working though key led works where as other...: hi, I am facing a weird issue .suddenly my connected keyboards one is cooler master devastator 3 and the other one is Logitech wireless mk315 stops working though my mouse, printer, and other connected USB device works fine even mouse which uses the same adapter as keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the wof driver encountered a corruption in the compressed files resource table

2. keyboard doesnt work pc windows after password