Windows 10: Windows 10 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays

Discus and support Windows 10 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using a Dell Precision 5750 laptop. Keyboard is attached to laptop.Every so often, while typing on my keyboard, the typing stops and the windows error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by quintoo, Jul 23, 2021.

1. quintoo Win User

Windows 10 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays

Using a Dell Precision 5750 laptop. Keyboard is attached to laptop.Every so often, while typing on my keyboard, the typing stops and the windows error noise plays the "ding". I have to reclick into the window I'm typing again to resume typing. This happens pretty randomly, somewhere between 15-30 characters I type it'll occur. This error only ever occurs when typing with the keyboard. I can use the mouse/cursor normally. This also happens when I connect an external keyboard. Tried:safe mode bootrestartrestore to a previous point

:)

quintoo, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Geschi Win User

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems will never resolve themselves on their own, but as soon as I reset the computer everything works again - to me, that sounded like a driver crash, but nope! I checked the driver menu and it told me everything was running just fine. What's even more strange is that I have the backlight keyboard enabled so that when I type, it lights up. And strangely, the keys still light up when I press them, so I know it's registering my typing SOME how.

You would also think that this would be a software problem since it fixes immediately upon reset, but I've noticed that this issue seems to crop up a lot right after I have moved my computer... I'm lost and I've scoured the internet for clues, but no one else seems to have this problem. Please help!

In order to possibly do testing on what is causing this (via suggestions hopefully, I've tried everything I can think of) I am purposely not resetting my computer (thankfully this is a touch screen, but this on-screen keyboard typing is obnoxious). Currently, both keyboard and touchpad don't work, but a usb mouse I use does (the computer is also set so that using the usb mouse does not disable the touchpad).

Geschi, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Magmaw Win User
    Keyboard randomly stopped working

My built in laptop keyboard stopped working after the computer randomly turned off by itself.

(Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad).

I have tried:

Uninstalling drivers and scanning for hardware changes to reinstall them.

Entering safe mode (computer wouldn’t even start in safe mode).

Entering the BIOS to see if there were any changes I could make there (there weren’t).

Now I am getting Code 19 and Code 12 errors for the keyboard in Device Manager.

I’ve tried all troubleshooting steps on many websites, and nothing works.

External keyboards work when I plug them in.

Please help!!

Magmaw, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Windows 10 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays

Sound Randomly Turns Off

I'm having a problem where the sound in my Win 10 computer randomly stops and then randomly goes back on. When it happens, it basically pauses anything that plays sound. When I try to click play nothing happens and everything can randomly comes back on,
    sometimes taking 15 mins. Its a huge problem so if anyone has an idea, im open to suggestions.

Thanks for you help!

JosephCasey817, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays

1. Windows 10 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays - Similar Threads - Keyboard randomly stops

2. Windows 11 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays: Using a Lenovo Legion T5 PC with a SteelSeries apex 100 keyboard attached to it. Every so often, while typing on my keyboard, the typing stops and the windows error noise plays the "ding". I have to reclick into the window I'm typing again to resume typing. This happens...
  3. Windows 11 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays: Using a Lenovo Legion T5 PC with a SteelSeries apex 100 keyboard attached to it. Every so often, while typing on my keyboard, the typing stops and the windows error noise plays the "ding". I have to reclick into the window I'm typing again to resume typing. This happens...
  4. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stops working randomly: Hi there,My sounds randomly stops working, i have a Beyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm hooked op to a SoundblasterX G6. I also use wave link software to controll all the different sound inputs/outputs i have. The only fix i currently have to get my sound back, is to either restart my...
  5. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stops working randomly: Hi there,My sounds randomly stops working, i have a Beyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm hooked op to a SoundblasterX G6. I also use wave link software to controll all the different sound inputs/outputs i have. The only fix i currently have to get my sound back, is to either restart my...
  6. Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10: Hi there!I have been going through this problem with my PC, Whenever I watch a Video or I am playing a Game, The Audio stops working randomly and I have to either restart my PC or Increase/decrease the Volume to fix it. Even then, The audio works for a few seconds and then...
  7. Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10 PC. Randomly, the sound stops working, it seem to do it when I go into discord, and go into a voice channel, then no audio outputs work until I restart my PC, what do I do?...
  8. Sound stops working randomly

Sound stops working randomly: So I've gone through just about every single option I've found through google. I just built a brand new PC everything was working fine the first day of use. I turned it on today and the sound wasn't working. I went through everything and finally turned to uninstalling the...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard stop working randomly, USB disconnect sound plays.

Mouse and Keyboard stop working randomly, USB disconnect sound plays.: I have a new problem that I cant figure out. I have Windows 10. And at random times the USB disconnect sound plays and the Mouse cursor disappears and the keyboard stops responding. So at that point there's no choice but to restart the PC. Once restarted the computer works...
  10. Windows 10 keyboard stops working randomly

Windows 10 keyboard stops working randomly: Hello, Right now I am facing a weird problem with my laptop lenovo 15ISK keyboard. I am using Windows 10 home edition. From last two months the keyboard is not working correctly. I am using virtual keyboard for login but after some time, windows pops up projection menu...