Windows 10: Windows 10 keyboard repeat filter keys won't stay turned off

Discus and support Windows 10 keyboard repeat filter keys won't stay turned off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro ver 1803. All of a sudden the filter key for keyboard repeat rates will not stay off. Everytime I reboot I have to go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marcycn, Jan 22, 2019.

1. marcycn Win User

Windows 10 keyboard repeat filter keys won't stay turned off

I'm running Windows 10 Pro ver 1803. All of a sudden the filter key for keyboard repeat rates will not stay off. Everytime I reboot I have to go into settings and turn it off again. Does 1809 solve that problem?

:)

marcycn, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Filter Keys

Hi,

Filter Keys are part of the Ease of Access features in Windows 10 that can help users control the keypress repeat rate and ignore the repeated keys. This setting can be disabled by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click Ease of Access.
    • Click Change how your keyboard works.
    • Click Set up Filter Keys.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds.
    • Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you were able to turn Filter Keys off after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Cannot keep Filter Keys turned off in settings using accessibility version of windows 10

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for getting back to us with the results.

We apologize for the delay as we are checking in your case thoroughly.

Since the above methods did not change anything, kindly follow the steps below on we can turn off filter keys in Windows 10:

• Open the Control Panel and change the view to Large icons, and then click Ease of Access Center.
    • Scroll down to the Explore all settings section, then click Make the keyboard easier to use.
    • In the window that shows up, uncheck the boxes for “Turn on Sticky Keys” and “Turn on Filter Keys” to turn off the Sticky / Filter Keys features.

• To prevent Windows from popping up the Sticky / Filter Keys popup dialog, you also need to disable the corresponding keyboard shortcuts.
      • Disable Sticky Keys Keyboard Shortcut
        Click the Set up Sticky Keys link. In the Sticky Keys setup screen, uncheck the box for “Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times“.
      • Disable Filter Keys Keyboard Shortcut
        Click the Set up Filter Keys link. In the Filter Keys setup screen, uncheck the option for “Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds“.
    • Click OK to save your changes. Now you’ve successfully turned off both Sticky Keys and Filter Keys permanently in Windows 10.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 keyboard repeat filter keys won't stay turned off

Repeat Keys not Working

Hey there,

The repeat keys feature stopped working for my laptop's keyboard after a recent Windows 10 update.

I have tried turning Filter Keys on and off again but it won't do the trick.

I have also tried to update my keyboard driver in Device Manager but it said it is the latest version.

The closest thing I could do to getting my keyboard to the way it was was to turn on filter keys and set it to the shortest amount of delay in the options.

It allows me to repeat keys but at a slower rate than what it normally is.

I have tried adjusting the keyboard repeat delay and rate on the Control Panel but it does not seem to affect the delay on Filter keys.

Is there any way I can get repeat keys to work again?

Laptop: HP Pro Book 450 G4 | Windows 10 Pro | 64-bit

Thanks

Merk Aprecio, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 keyboard repeat filter keys won't stay turned off

1. Windows 10 keyboard repeat filter keys won't stay turned off - Similar Threads - keyboard repeat filter

2. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  3. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  4. Why do I need to turn off filter keys to allow keys to repeat.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I need to turn off filter keys to allow keys to repeat.: I accidentally pressed the shift key for more than 8 seconds. After I did this, my keyboard would not repeat when I press and hold down a key.Changing the repeat delay or the repeat rate does not fix this. Rebooting doesn't wprk. I found that Jim Boston's solution in the...
  5. Why do I need to turn off filter keys to allow keys to repeat.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I need to turn off filter keys to allow keys to repeat.: I accidentally pressed the shift key for more than 8 seconds. After I did this, my keyboard would not repeat when I press and hold down a key.Changing the repeat delay or the repeat rate does not fix this. Rebooting doesn't wprk. I found that Jim Boston's solution in the...
  6. Filter keys not turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Filter keys not turning off: So, basically I try to do anything but filter keys is on so I go to the little startup thing to turn it off, and its already off, so I press shift 5 times, nothing I hols shift for 8 seconds, nothing WHAT DO I DO submitted by /u/that-drawinguy [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop display won't stay turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop display won't stay turned off: I have my laptop setup to turn off when I press the power button. But over the last month or so, doing this makes it turn off for like a second and turn back on. I've tried unplugging everything, restarting, having no programs open, and none of these have fixed the issue. I...
  8. How to turn on or off Filter Keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Filter Keys in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has done a lot of work when it comes to Accessibility. It’s a way where software features can help people with physical issues. Filter Keys is one such feature which tells the keyboard to ignore repeated keystrokes. People with [...] This post How...
  9. Windows 10 keyboard repeat filter keys won't stay turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keyboard repeat filter keys won't stay turned off: I'm running Windows 10 Pro ver 1803. All of a sudden the filter key for keyboard repeat rates will not stay off. Everytime I reboot I have to go into settings and turn it off again. Does 1809 solve that problem? 125778
  10. Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10 Filter Keys is an Accessibility option that you can use to control the keyboard repeat rate and ignore repeated keys. When Filter Keys is turned on, you can also turn on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. filter key button doesnt stay off.