Windows 10: Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English

Discus and support Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, We have recently upgraded all our machines to Windows 10 in the office from Windows 7 however it seems that after the upgrade some users have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SimonCroweACP, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English

Hello,

We have recently upgraded all our machines to Windows 10 in the office from Windows 7 however it seems that after the upgrade some users have started getting US English keyboards.

I have looked through Language settings in the settings area and nowhere does it state any mention of US English.

I have also ran "Get-WinUserLanguageList" and the results are as shown:

LanguageTag : en-GB

Autonym : English United Kingdom

EnglishName : English

LocalizedName : English United Kingdom

ScriptName : Latin

InputMethodTips : {0809:00000809}

Spellchecking : True

Handwriting : False

From what I understand this means that everything is set to UK English. I have also checked on another computer and it has the exact same settings yet it is working on that computer.

:)

SimonCroweACP, Mar 4, 2020
  2. 321dome Win User

Multiple English keyboard

Hi,
    I have on my Win10 (OS Build 18362.418) 3 languages: Hebrew, English (US) and English (UK).
    I don't need the last one and I don't understand why do I have it.
    Any suggestions?

Here an image of my language settings:

Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English [​IMG]

Thank you

321dome, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Stewart_R Win User
    Get Cortana to work in English (UK) for Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and Cortana doesn’t seem to be available based on the Start Menu:

Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English WwDxj.png

but when I click the link, it takes me to this page:

Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English a6AEm.png

which suggests it should be available in the UK, since I've checked

• my language settings are English (UK),
    • I have the English (UK) language pack installed, and
    • the speech settings are also set to English (UK).

I think this is everything, right?  It certainly ticks the boxes in the Microsoft help article.

How can I get Cortana up & running?

Stewart_R, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English

Multiple English keyboard

Before removing the English [UK] keyboard layout, do confirm that your keyboard is not an English [UK] one.
    - On English [UK] keyboards the 2 key also has the " symbol on it.
    - On English [US] keyboards the 2 key also has the @ symbol on it.
    If yours is not an English [UK] layout then the Tutorial you have a link to is the right way to go.

Denis

Try3, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English

1. Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English - Similar Threads - Keyboard Set English

2. US-ENGLISH keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    US-ENGLISH keyboard missing: After I added the Chinese simplified keyboard I can't switch back to English-US keyboard. The English-US option does not even show up in the language bar. How do I solve this issue?...
  3. US-ENGLISH keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    US-ENGLISH keyboard missing: After I added the Chinese simplified keyboard I can't switch back to English-US keyboard. The English-US option does not even show up in the language bar. How do I solve this issue?...
  4. why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?: even after changing to UK english and making sure its set to default to UK in all settings it still goes to US https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-setting-languages-to-uk-english-does-it/ffdeced5-033e-472f-b89c-4158f4d2924d
  5. why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?

why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?: even after changing to UK english and making sure its set to default to UK in all settings it still goes to US https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-setting-languages-to-uk-english-does-it/ffdeced5-033e-472f-b89c-4158f4d2924d
  6. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  7. English UK.

in Windows 10 Customization
    English UK.: I keep getting: English USA when I select: 'Language,' even though I make it default English UK in the language box. It jumps back to: USA continuously. WhY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-uk/5833a679-f4cd-483a-8750-82e703be2b84
  8. English Canada defaults to English UK

English Canada defaults to English UK: I recently installed windows 10 in my machine and one of the first things I did was to change my display language to English Canada. I immediately noticed all the websites I tried to access since then would default me automatically to United Kingdom and English UK. After...
  9. Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english

Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english: I have been attempting to change my keyboard language for some time now I have already tried the obvious things such as going into settings and changing all of my settings to English and even syncing my Microsoft account settings. However, the problem still persists. What...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942