Windows 10: windows 10 keyboard stopped working

Discus and support windows 10 keyboard stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. This start happening a few days back. Rebooted one morning and found out the keyboard stopped working can't type anything.It's a wired, USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The guy down the hallway, May 22, 2021.

1. windows 10 keyboard stopped working

Hi. This start happening a few days back. Rebooted one morning and found out the keyboard stopped working can't type anything.It's a wired, USB keyboard connected to the back of the computer.I connected another USB keyboard to the front USB port, that didn't work either.I connected a Dell Bluetooth adapter and tried its

:)

The guy down the hallway, May 22, 2021

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, May 22, 2021
  3. vmishka Win User
    Keyboard stopped working under Windows 10

I have an iMac dual booting Mac OSX and Windows 10 under Bootcamp. I have the normal iMac wireless keyboard.

Windows has been running normally for several years since the day I got the computer. Windows 10 has been running normally since the day I was able to automatically download it in August.

Today, my keyboard stopped working under Windows 10. I am writing this from the Mac side. The keyboard works perfectly and the battery power is 100% under Mac OSX.

When I boot to my Windows partition (which is the default) I have to use the keyboard to sign-in under Windows. The keyboard works fine for sign-in! Then, as soon as I get to my desktop, the keyboard stops working entirely. No key produces a letter. The cursor doesn't move. I hear a click in my headset when a key is pressed, but nothing happens.

The mouse works. If I reach the hardware and devices portion of the control panel, as far as I can tell things the keyboard device says it is working properly. I remember a wireless keyboard listed and a bluetooth keyboard and something called an HID device. Windows reports that they are working properly. I managed to open the troubleshooter using the mouse only and it couldn't find a problem.

I have turned the computer off and on several times.

Would someone be so kind as to suggest how I can find and fix the problem.

Thank you.

vmishka, May 22, 2021
  4. windows 10 keyboard stopped working

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, May 22, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 keyboard stopped working

1. windows 10 keyboard stopped working - Similar Threads - keyboard stopped working

2. Keyboard stopped working at windows 10 login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard stopped working at windows 10 login: My keyboard was working fine but suddenly one day the keyboard stopped working at windows login screen.Now every time i try to login i have to first toggle at filter keys and then type my windows login password. It is annoying need a permanent solution to this.I have already...
  3. Keyboard stop working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard stop working in windows 10: My keyboard is an usb keyboard and it stop working after windows 10 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-stop-working-in-windows-10/2e1e03c6-82f0-4dd6-b3a7-770d5d432baf
  4. Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently

Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently: It is 2020 and Microsoft keeps copy pasting the same text that helps nobody, I have not found a single response "it helped". ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Method 1: I...
  5. Keyboard Stops Working!!!

Keyboard Stops Working!!!: I am using a Dell 3593 laptop with an external keyboard. When I put the laptop to sleep, the external keyboard stops working, and I have to plug it out and then plug in the USB for it to work again. How can I fix it? Thank you in advance! :...
  6. Windows 10 keyboard stops working randomly

Windows 10 keyboard stops working randomly: Hello, Right now I am facing a weird problem with my laptop lenovo 15ISK keyboard. I am using Windows 10 home edition. From last two months the keyboard is not working correctly. I am using virtual keyboard for login but after some time, windows pops up projection menu...
  7. Windows 10 update - keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update - keyboard stopped working: My Windows 10 laptop performed an automatic update, and now the keyboard stopped working. I am at the login screen, but cannot enter anything from the keyboard - which means that i cannot sign in. What do i do now?...
  8. laptop keyboard stopped working windows 10

laptop keyboard stopped working windows 10: laptop keyboard stopped working and new one did not fix the issue. the shift and function keys work. I expect that it has something to do with language....
  9. Keyboard stopped working under Windows 10

Keyboard stopped working under Windows 10: I have an iMac dual booting Mac OSX and Windows 10 under Bootcamp. I have the normal iMac wireless keyboard. Windows has been running normally for several years since the day I got the computer. Windows 10 has been running normally since the day I was able to...
  10. Microsoft keyboard stopped working in windows 10

Microsoft keyboard stopped working in windows 10: Hi all I have a Microsoft usb keyboard that has stopped working. When I turn on the PC it goes to the logon screen and I can type my password in. After that it will not work in any program. I can not type a thing. Wireless mouse is fine. I have tried virus scan......no...