Windows 10: Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently

Discus and support Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It is 2020 and Microsoft keeps copy pasting the same text that helps nobody, I have not found a single response "it helped".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by luftgekühlt, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently

It is 2020 and Microsoft keeps copy pasting the same text that helps nobody, I have not found a single response "it helped".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the hardware device troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would recommend you to download and install the latest Keyboard driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Microsoft, do not repeat this text, it doesn't help.

My Lenovo Think Pad Windows 10 keyboard stops working, after an hour suddenly it is working and after some minutes it stops working.

This happened for 2 weeks ago after a Windows update. Unbearable.

Now I am doing with an USB keyboard.

Do you have a solution other than the copy/paste text above? How can it be that the error has not been solved after 6 years.

:)

luftgekühlt, Jul 11, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

keyboard stopped working after bootup in windows 10

Hi Thomas,

There may be a number of reasons why a keyboard would suddenly stop functioning properly. Kindly provide answers to the information listed below, so we could further assess on this issue:

• Are you getting any error messages that could pertain to your keyboard?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Are there any noticeable physical damages on the keyboard?
    • Is the keyboard connected to the PC wired or wireless?
    • Does this issue happen intermittently, or all the time?
    Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Jul 11, 2020
  4. vmishka Win User

Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently

Keyboard stopped working under Windows 10

I have an iMac dual booting Mac OSX and Windows 10 under Bootcamp. I have the normal iMac wireless keyboard.

Windows has been running normally for several years since the day I got the computer. Windows 10 has been running normally since the day I was able to automatically download it in August.

Today, my keyboard stopped working under Windows 10. I am writing this from the Mac side. The keyboard works perfectly and the battery power is 100% under Mac OSX.

When I boot to my Windows partition (which is the default) I have to use the keyboard to sign-in under Windows. The keyboard works fine for sign-in! Then, as soon as I get to my desktop, the keyboard stops working entirely. No key produces a letter. The cursor doesn't move. I hear a click in my headset when a key is pressed, but nothing happens.

The mouse works. If I reach the hardware and devices portion of the control panel, as far as I can tell things the keyboard device says it is working properly. I remember a wireless keyboard listed and a bluetooth keyboard and something called an HID device. Windows reports that they are working properly. I managed to open the troubleshooter using the mouse only and it couldn't find a problem.

I have turned the computer off and on several times.

Would someone be so kind as to suggest how I can find and fix the problem.

Thank you.

vmishka, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently

1. Windows 10 keyboard stops working intermittently - Similar Threads - keyboard stops working

2. How to fix computer keyboard that intermittently stops working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix computer keyboard that intermittently stops working?: I have a new computer 4 mos. old and on several occasions, the keyboard locks up and I am unable to type/edit/delete, etc. What is causing this to occur? At first I thought it was due to network issues but then if I use two different computers side by side on the same site, I...
  3. How to fix computer keyboard that intermittently stops working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix computer keyboard that intermittently stops working?: I have a new computer 4 mos. old and on several occasions, the keyboard locks up and I am unable to type/edit/delete, etc. What is causing this to occur? At first I thought it was due to network issues but then if I use two different computers side by side on the same site, I...
  4. Keyboard intermittently not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard intermittently not working: My keyboard is intermittently not working on my HP Spectre 360. There will be certain keys that when pressed do nothing. Later on the same key will be working perfectly. So far, I've tried updating the driver, updating windows, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it,...
  5. Keyboard intermittently not working

Keyboard intermittently not working: My keyboard is intermittently not working on my HP Spectre 360. There will be certain keys that when pressed do nothing. Later on the same key will be working perfectly. So far, I've tried updating the driver, updating windows, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it,...
  6. Wireless Unifying Logitech Keyboard Mouse/Keyboard intermittently stop working till a reboot

Wireless Unifying Logitech Keyboard Mouse/Keyboard intermittently stop working till a reboot: I have been using my Logitech wireless M235 mouse & K230 wireless keyboard paired mouse on windows 10 without any issues paired with a Logitech Unifying receiver. I recently changed my desktop hardware & freshly installed Windows 11 on my desktop PC. My problem is that both...
  7. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  8. why did my wireless keyboard stop working intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why did my wireless keyboard stop working intermittently: I have a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard 1559 on a Dell Inspiron 7580 64-bit laptop running Windows 10 Home and my keyboard stopped working so I replaced the batteries and it worked again but then stopped after 100 or so keystrokes, so I took out the batteries momentarily...
  9. keyboard intermittently stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard intermittently stops working: Can you tell me why the keyboard stops typing just out of the blue. It is very annoying. After we restart the computer, it works fine for awhile. Then back to not working....
  10. Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working: My surface book keyboard intermittently stops working. I have tried updating and rebooting, cleaning the connectors, charging up the battery, and nothing seems to fix the issue. The only button that always works is the button that allows me to disconnect the surface from the...