Windows 10: Windows 10 keyboard stops working randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 keyboard stops working randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Right now I am facing a weird problem with my laptop lenovo 15ISK keyboard. I am using Windows 10 home edition. From last two months the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BhushanPatil18, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 keyboard stops working randomly

Hello,

Right now I am facing a weird problem with my laptop lenovo 15ISK keyboard. I am using Windows 10 home edition. From last two months the keyboard is not working correctly.

I am using virtual keyboard for login but after some time,

windows pops up projection menu win+ p and it automatically adds a screenshot to pictures folder.

After that keyboard starts working or stops working for some times.

The cycle keeps repeating with the interval of 3-4 minutes.

I tried to reinstall keyboard drivers, disabled narrator, stick, filter keys, restored computer, uninstalled windows update but nothing worked.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

:)

BhushanPatil18, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Magmaw Win User

Keyboard randomly stopped working

My built in laptop keyboard stopped working after the computer randomly turned off by itself.

(Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad).

I have tried:

Uninstalling drivers and scanning for hardware changes to reinstall them.

Entering safe mode (computer wouldn’t even start in safe mode).

Entering the BIOS to see if there were any changes I could make there (there weren’t).

Now I am getting Code 19 and Code 12 errors for the keyboard in Device Manager.

I’ve tried all troubleshooting steps on many websites, and nothing works.

External keyboards work when I plug them in.

Please help!!

Magmaw, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Keyboard randomly stops working after sometime

Hi,

The keyboard is working in BIOS mode however in the Windows mode it stops, this could be happening because the System files of the OS maybe corrupt. Run a SFC scan and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X
    • Choose "Command prompt (Admin)"
    • Type " sfc /scannow"
    • Press Enter.

Let us know if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Geschi Win User

Windows 10 keyboard stops working randomly

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems will never resolve themselves on their own, but as soon as I reset the computer everything works again - to me, that sounded like a driver crash, but nope! I checked the driver menu and it told me everything was running just fine. What's even more strange is that I have the backlight keyboard enabled so that when I type, it lights up. And strangely, the keys still light up when I press them, so I know it's registering my typing SOME how.

You would also think that this would be a software problem since it fixes immediately upon reset, but I've noticed that this issue seems to crop up a lot right after I have moved my computer... I'm lost and I've scoured the internet for clues, but no one else seems to have this problem. Please help!

In order to possibly do testing on what is causing this (via suggestions hopefully, I've tried everything I can think of) I am purposely not resetting my computer (thankfully this is a touch screen, but this on-screen keyboard typing is obnoxious). Currently, both keyboard and touchpad don't work, but a usb mouse I use does (the computer is also set so that using the usb mouse does not disable the touchpad).

Geschi, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 keyboard stops working randomly

1. Windows 10 keyboard stops working randomly - Similar Threads - keyboard stops working

2. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly: I don't know how and when this problem started but my usb mouse and keyboard stop working completly and i need to reboot my pc to temporaly fix the problem,the screen still work properly, before the mouse and keyboard stopped there will be a stuttering when i move my mouse....
  3. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly: I don't know how and when this problem started but my usb mouse and keyboard stop working completly and i need to reboot my pc to temporaly fix the problem,the screen still work properly, before the mouse and keyboard stopped there will be a stuttering when i move my mouse....
  4. Laptop keyboard randomly stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard randomly stops working.: My laptop keyboard randomly stops working. The only way to get it back to work is by a hard reset press the power button to shut off the laptop or navigate in the system and press shut down. The it will work for an undetermined amount of time it could be few minutes, hours,...
  5. Keyboard stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard stops working randomly: Hi,I've done some searching but I think the keywords I'm using aren't finding me relevant articles.I have multiple keyboards of different providers that all do the same thing.I recently rebuilt my PC and have had an occasional issue where sometimes the keyboard will stop...
  6. random keys stop working on keyboard windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random keys stop working on keyboard windows 10: Im playing a game and randomly my keys will stop working, specifically M, 0, Enter, and all the F keys. But i test it on some other applications and it doesnt work there either. So i unplugged my keyboard and plug it back in some time later and now the keys work.... for a...
  7. Keyboard randomly stopped working

Keyboard randomly stopped working: My built in laptop keyboard stopped working after the computer randomly turned off by itself. (Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad). I have tried: Uninstalling drivers and scanning for hardware changes to reinstall them. Entering safe mode (computer wouldn’t even start in safe...
  8. USB and keyboard randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    USB and keyboard randomly stop working: power is still going to the devices, PC is still running and not frozen, disconnecting and reconnecting USB doesn't work and neither does trying another port. Only way I can use them again is by shutting down the PC with the power button. 116737
  9. Keyboard stops working randomly

Keyboard stops working randomly: Hi. Recently, I've been experiencing some keyboard problems. The issue occurs at random times, and I've tried updating the drivers. I am certain that this is a software/driver problem, as opposed to a hardware/mechanical problem, as the keyboard starts working fine right...
  10. Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly: This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard and mouse stop working randomly

2. lenovo ideapad 80r2 keyboard stopped working after windows 10 upgrade