Windows 10: Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?

Discus and support Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks, I have a modern keyboard with dedicated volume control keys. I also have both speakers via 3.5 and a headset via USB always plugged into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BaritonePats, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?

Hi folks,

I have a modern keyboard with dedicated volume control keys. I also have both speakers via 3.5 and a headset via USB always plugged into the PC. I swap between the speakers and headset depending on my activity play and work.

However, when I use the keyboard volume control keys, it only controls the USB headset's volume.

If I unplug the USB headset, then the keyboard volume control keys will control the speaker device volume.

This seems counter-intuitive. It would make more sense for the keyboard volume control keys to control the Master Volume, not be stuck always prioritizing an USB audio device over the 3.5 audio device.

I just want these keyboard volume control keys to control the Master Volume. If not that, I'd like to be able to set which device the keyboard volume control keys are controlling.

I'm running Windows 10, 1909.

Any guidance or tricks is appreciated. Thanks.

:)

BaritonePats, Nov 23, 2020

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Nov 23, 2020
  3. any way to override the master volume control?

My master volume control slider slides back to zero each time is it pushed upward. I believe this is a hardware issue.

Nevertheless, i am asking this question in desperation whether there is a way to deliver audio output with volume.

I tried a usb audio controller and even channelling the sound through bluetooth but the volume control of these are also controlled by the master volume control.

Any suggestions or tricks (aprt from a repair)?

Thanks

perfection, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?

Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?

1. Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume? - Similar Threads - Keyboard Volume Keys

2. Master Volume Control not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Master Volume Control not working: Greetings everyone. I just upgraded to the new windows 11 recently on my HP laptop.As most laptops, we have multimedia keys as part of the keyboard. This controls the system volume. please correct me if I'm wrong, but on my last version of windows when the master volume is at...
  3. Master Volume Control not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Master Volume Control not working: Greetings everyone. I just upgraded to the new windows 11 recently on my HP laptop.As most laptops, we have multimedia keys as part of the keyboard. This controls the system volume. please correct me if I'm wrong, but on my last version of windows when the master volume is at...
  4. Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume: Hi all, I have a microsoft scuplt keyboard. The volume keys on it control my Yeti mic output volume level, instead of the system master volume, for some reason. How can I make the controls attach to the master volume instead of picking one of my audio output devices seemingly...
  5. Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?

Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?: Hello I have Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. When I connect simultaniously speakers and usb headset, volume control always controls headset only. Even if I choose playback devise as speakers. Could you please advise? Best regards, Mike...
  6. Master Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master Volume: When I am on a Zoom or SKYPE session the volume of the sound even when turned up to 100% is not high enough to hear the other person properly. How can I increase it beyond 100%? Thank you, Dave Barlow...
  7. any way to override the master volume control?

any way to override the master volume control?: My master volume control slider slides back to zero each time is it pushed upward. I believe this is a hardware issue. Nevertheless, i am asking this question in desperation whether there is a way to deliver audio output with volume. I tried a usb audio controller and even...
  8. Volume Control on Keyboard

Volume Control on Keyboard: I can't get the volume control switches on my keyboard to work properly. When I use volume up or down and mute switches, my computer switches over to Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-on-keyboard/224b64a7-1972-41aa-8154-abe2cae7927e
  9. volume control keys

volume control keys: HI Folks i recently put a new SSD in my Asus N55SF and put Winows 10 Home on it. i have done all the updates and running 1909. However there are some volume control keys on left of the keyboard and i cant get them to work. Has anyone else come across this and know how to...
  10. volume control keys

volume control keys: HI Folks i recently put a new SSD in my Asus N55SF and put Winows 10 Home on it. i have done all the updates and running 1909. However there are some volume control keys on left of the keyboard and i cant get them to work. Has anyone else come across this and know how to...