Windows 10: Windows 10 - keyboard won't allow me to enter pin on startup

Discus and support Windows 10 - keyboard won't allow me to enter pin on startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I start my laptop, I am not able to enter the pin using keyboard. Then I need to lock my laptop using the power button and reopen it to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/frizsv, Jan 17, 2021.

1. /u/frizsv Win User

Windows 10 - keyboard won't allow me to enter pin on startup

Whenever I start my laptop, I am not able to enter the pin using keyboard. Then I need to lock my laptop using the power button and reopen it to make the keyboard work. Anyone knows how to fix this?

submitted by /u/frizsv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/frizsv, Jan 17, 2021
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

You may have missed a step. After the un-check, click apply, then the next screen will ask for the Pasword twice. Enter and OK. Then OK again. That should do it.

Windows 10 - keyboard won't allow me to enter pin on startup [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

Kupuna, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - keyboard won't allow me to enter pin on startup - Similar Threads - keyboard won't allow

2. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin: This is the same issue as another user posted recently: "For whatever reason, trying to use stored password manager in Google Chrome malfunctions and won't allow me to enter my Windows PIN...It won't register the keypresses...This is not a problem with other apps, and there...
  3. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin: This is the same issue as another user posted recently: "For whatever reason, trying to use stored password manager in Google Chrome malfunctions and won't allow me to enter my Windows PIN...It won't register the keypresses...This is not a problem with other apps, and there...
  4. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Keyboard doesn't let me enter pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesn't let me enter pin: Yesterday night. my keyboard stopped letting me enter my pin. I tried with my built in keyboard and my external keyboard. I type numbers or letters and nothing happens. The characters don't appear in the field. Both keyboards work once I'm in windows using my external...
  6. Keyboard doesn't let me enter pin

Keyboard doesn't let me enter pin: Yesterday night. my keyboard stopped letting me enter my pin. I tried with my built in keyboard and my external keyboard. I type numbers or letters and nothing happens. The characters don't appear in the field. Both keyboards work once I'm in windows using my external...
  7. Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen: Hi allThis is a strange situation but I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm at a loss.My laptop keyboard input is messed up as is my monitor so I'm plugged into an external keyboard and monitor. On the windows 10 login screen, I can't enter my pin or challenge phrase or...
  8. Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen

Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen: Hi allThis is a strange situation but I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm at a loss.My laptop keyboard input is messed up as is my monitor so I'm plugged into an external keyboard and monitor. On the windows 10 login screen, I can't enter my pin or challenge phrase or...
  9. MICROSOFT WON'T ALLOW ME TO ENTER MY PRODUCT KEY!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MICROSOFT WON'T ALLOW ME TO ENTER MY PRODUCT KEY!: I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR HOURS EVERY WHICH WAY POSSIBLE TO GET MICROSOFT TO POP UP THE WINDOW THAT SAYS "ENTER YOUR NEW WINDOWS 10 PRODUCT KEY" WHICH I PURCHASED ONLINE AT THE MICROSOFT STORE IT JUST KEEPS REDIRECTING ME AND ASKING ME TO TAKE A QUIZ TO TRY AND GET ME TO JUST...
  10. won't let me enter password on first startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    won't let me enter password on first startup: After pressing the start button when the fist window appears I used to click the spacebar and then I could enter my password. Not anymore since the last update a few days ago. Now I have to shut down , start again and then I can enter the password....