Windows 10: Windows 10: Kid's Corner

Discus and support Windows 10: Kid's Corner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know at some point, MS announced that they were ending support for Kid's Corner for Windows 10 devices. I'm sure that I speak for many parents when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KP-1969, Dec 28, 2018.

1. KP-1969 Win User

Windows 10: Kid's Corner

I know at some point, MS announced that they were ending support for Kid's Corner for Windows 10 devices.

I'm sure that I speak for many parents when I say that this app his quite often heavily relied on, especially in regards to controlling what apps and files our children can have access to.

In my case, I'm still using my Nokia 830 with Win10 as my primary phone (and yes, I know it's almost 2019). However, recently I had to switch to my back- up phone after my 830 got run over and I was awaiting a new screen to replace it. My back-up phone is a Nokia 1020 with Win8, which still has Kids Corner on it. That app alone has me contemplating not going back to my primary.

To add, Apps Corner just isn't as simple and easy to access as Kid's Corner, especially for small children. It just doesn't compare.

I also heavily use my Windows laptop and tablet and I would love to have something like Kid's Corner that I could use on that as well

Does MS have any plans to release an app that functions similarly to Kid's Corner, preferably being easily accessible from the Start/Home screen?

:)

KP-1969, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Entegy Win User

Kids Corner

• Turn off Kid's Corner in Settings>kid's corner
    • No, you can only set up one space.

Entegy, Dec 28, 2018
  3. AndySteck Win User
    Windows Phone 8 - Kids Corner Backdoor to Internet

• Is there a way to dissable access to Internet Explorer entirely from within Kids Corner?
    This way if a game has a link to a webpage or youtube video the kid pressing that button can't get to it.

I will post the suggestion at the feature suggestions page. But to me this sounds more like a flaw in the Kids Corner coding and should be patched.

• Is there another forum I should post to in order to raise additional awareness?

AndySteck, Dec 28, 2018
  4. scottj69 Win User

scottj69, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10: Kid's Corner - Similar Threads - Kid's Corner

2. I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle...: I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle and get refunded for oneApril 11, 2024 Order number 7521706559April 11, 2024 Order number 4306042871...
  3. I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle...: I have two mindcraft subscriptions that i purchased for my kid yesterday, how do i cancle and get refunded for oneApril 11, 2024 Order number 7521706559April 11, 2024 Order number 4306042871...
  4. What can be done to speed up authorizations granted to my kids on Microsoft Family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can be done to speed up authorizations granted to my kids on Microsoft Family?: Sometimes it can take multiple hours before an approval goes through i.e. approval for more time or acces to a new site. This is very frustrating and I have considered switching products. We've used Microsoft family for years and it has been beneficial... but now, we need...
  5. What can be done to speed up authorizations granted to my kids on Microsoft Family?

What can be done to speed up authorizations granted to my kids on Microsoft Family?: Sometimes it can take multiple hours before an approval goes through i.e. approval for more time or acces to a new site. This is very frustrating and I have considered switching products. We've used Microsoft family for years and it has been beneficial... but now, we need...
  6. [Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?: Each time my kids issue request to extend their 'time' allowed for playing, I'm receiving not only a notification in Family Safety app which is good, but also an email. Which means I have a flood of family safety emails.How to disable sending accompanying email, so I won't...
  7. [Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?

[Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?: Each time my kids issue request to extend their 'time' allowed for playing, I'm receiving not only a notification in Family Safety app which is good, but also an email. Which means I have a flood of family safety emails.How to disable sending accompanying email, so I won't...
  8. Email address change for kids account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email address change for kids account.: We recently purchased a desktop for my kids homework. Currently I have a family account and they have used it primarily for an xbox. One have my kids uses his account with an old email address that they all used to share. Now that he is a bit older he has his own email. Can I...
  9. Email address change for kids account.

Email address change for kids account.: We recently purchased a desktop for my kids homework. Currently I have a family account and they have used it primarily for an xbox. One have my kids uses his account with an old email address that they all used to share. Now that he is a bit older he has his own email. Can I...
  10. Adult, kids and baby in welcome home 8463 al rabat Riyadh

Adult, kids and baby in welcome home 8463 al rabat Riyadh: Welcome home 8463 al rabat Riyadh to 8445 al rabat Riyadh welcome home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adult-kids-and-baby-in-welcome-home-8463-al-rabat/c4322b81-be2c-4cda-a6e5-f8b61334e224