Windows 10: Windows 10 killing my hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 killing my hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I’m having a problem with Windows 10 since i updated to the latest version it has slowly been making my computer slow to a point where the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlPhineAndre, May 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 killing my hard drive

Hi I’m having a problem with Windows 10 since i updated to the latest version it has slowly been making my computer slow to a point where the computer is non-responsive and also killing my hard drive. I’ve reached a point where I’m even scared to store important infomation on my laptop because i don’t want to run the risk of losing my filesHow can i fix this problem because i use the computer for all my school work and this is causing me a problem??

:)

AlPhineAndre, May 4, 2021
  2. little cat, May 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2021
  4. $immond$ Win User

Windows 10 killing my hard drive

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 killing my hard drive

1. Windows 10 killing my hard drive - Similar Threads - killing hard drive

2. your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop: Your latest update for windows11 home crashed my hard drive and and I cannot open my os now. Only have a loop between the Automatic Repair and bluescreen for Watchdog popup Error...
  3. your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop: Your latest update for windows11 home crashed my hard drive and and I cannot open my os now. Only have a loop between the Automatic Repair and bluescreen for Watchdog popup Error...
  4. Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives: Hello there.I have 3 computers that tried to update to 21H2. 2 Dell Desktops with a SATA interface, and 1 HP laptop with an NVME interface.In all 3 cases, once the update was complete, the computer would not boot or reboot immediately after the update.Going into the BIOS...
  5. Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives: Hello there.I have 3 computers that tried to update to 21H2. 2 Dell Desktops with a SATA interface, and 1 HP laptop with an NVME interface.In all 3 cases, once the update was complete, the computer would not boot or reboot immediately after the update.Going into the BIOS...
  6. Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. New partition killed hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New partition killed hard drive: I'm trying to assist a lady via TeamViewer with her Win10 1909.18363.1082. The problem started after I generated a 529MB partition (D:) on her hard drive. It ran and completed as usual but after boot up a BIOS screen popped up (American Megatrends): "GPT header corruption has...
  8. Windows 10 1909 GSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error upon boot killed my hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1909 GSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error upon boot killed my hard drive: Is there a way my files can be saved and why did it kill the hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1909-gsod-criticalprocessdied-error/9b7690c8-4e4a-4bde-a5e1-3fe6d03ce614
  9. The updated from Microsoft killed my hard drive, I'm Installing a new hard drive into my...

The updated from Microsoft killed my hard drive, I'm Installing a new hard drive into my...: The updated from Microsoft killed my hard drive last year (UGHH), I'm installing a new hard drive into my Samsung notebook 7 I got the Seagate 2TB. So now months later, I finally got a new hard drive. How do I install the factory settings for Samsung Notebook 7 and install...
  10. Hard drive killed by Windows update

Hard drive killed by Windows update: I just my new Hp computer and the system was on auto update. It had a new Windows 10 update that was updating and this update basically killed my hard drive and I basically need a new one as told by the computer experts. I am so disappointed with you guys how can you have...